Gibson Brands Forums

amps fpr emporer swingster

JerseyRay

Just liking for some jmo's on thoughts regarding amps. I currently have a 1980 Westbury 100 watt twin 2x12. It's ok, solid state, but wish it had a little more grind. I did get to play on a marshal 60wt. Solid state valve something, I liked that, sounded real good. Just looking for opionss on Marshal, Vox, Pevy, Fender amps. Differences, any recommendations? I usually play blues mixed with some rockabilly. I really don't need 100 watts.... also, can I raise the pups for a little more grind.

Just liking for some jmo's on thoughts regarding amps. I currently have a 1980 Westbury 100 watt twin 2x12. It's ok, solid state, but wish it had a little more grind. I did get to play on a marshal 60wt. Solid state valve something, I liked that, sounded real good. Just looking for opionss on Marshal, Vox, Pevy, Fender amps. Differences, any recommendations? I usually play blues mixed with some rockabilly. I really don't need 100 watts.... also, can I raise the pups for a little more grind.

I'd go for a tube amp. for blues and rockabilly; you cant' go wrong with Fender. a Twin is a good option or for something smaller and less expensive the Blues Jr.

• 4 weeks later...

I play my Swingster through a 1966 Gibson Minuteman. VERY vintage sound both with clean and overdriven. Nice reverb and tremolo. You can find them on Reverb.com for less than $500 and they stand up pretty well to a Fender Princeton or Deluxe. Mine is 12 watts but that's all I need.

I played the Swingster through my son's Fender Vibrolux Reverb and it sounded SO great. If I had the money and need that kind of volume that's where I'd go.

XbYBuPr.jpg

You can't go wrong with a blues junior. The reissue Princeton and deluxe are excellent choice too. If you want some bells and whistles try a Mustang III.

For scratching a Marshall itch there's the dsl series and the slash 5watter sounds god too ask Rabs about that one. He likes his.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived