Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone '56 Gold Top Reissue

Mick Amon

I am looking at an Epi '56 Gold Top Reissue (studio body) and the seller claims it is a vintage off the assembly lines in Nashville, not overseas. A U.S.-made would put a big smile on my face so I want to confirm before paying his premium. I only have the pics he furnished and the SN: 104121321. If this isn't enough info please let me know, I am trying to get the date and factory, please. The Guitar Dater Project has no records for me. Thanks a TON for any/all help!

post-74989-082965200 1447696658_thumb.jpg

post-74989-041411300 1447696677_thumb.jpg

post-74989-016953600 1447696692_thumb.jpg

I am looking at an Epi '56 Gold Top Reissue (studio body) and the seller claims it is a vintage off the assembly lines in Nashville, not overseas. A U.S.-made would put a big smile on my face so I want to confirm before paying his premium. I only have the pics he furnished and the SN: 104121321. If this isn't enough info please let me know, I am trying to get the date and factory, please. The Guitar Dater Project has no records for me. Thanks a TON for any/all help!

yeah, as Bence said. NOT USA made! also, serial number looks like it may be missing a digit which may be the reason the Guitar Dater Project doesn't show anything.

Thanks, fellas. I'm not going to buy a China LP, but I can't remember how far back to go to get a Korean. I'll figure it out, and I appreciate the quick responses!

the Chinese LPs aren't bad guitars and like anything else it's on an individual basis. not bad guitars and for around 300 bucks you should be able to find a used one. I think for a Korean LP you may have to look for '90's - early 2000. good luck!

Archived