Gibson Brands Forums

SG Diablo

chicagoslim

I just joined the SG club again. My first guitar was an early '60's SG Jr. I traded for a 2012, Diablo Premium Plus, with a carved AAA maple top, Burstbuckers, TonePros bridge and Grover locking tuners. At the time I had no idea what it was, but I liked it. It really has a nice but different neck pickup sound. I still don't know if it's rare or what it's worth. I'm glad I made the trade, I am enjoying this guitar. I wish that I had it, back when I was doing studio work.

411792818.jpg

Congrats, looks nice! [love]

They made only one run of these if I remember right. For me the Diablo was a near-miss - I had one with Iced Tea finish in mind then but went with an SG Supra featuring a piezo bridge. I'm a hybrid addict... [rolleyes] There also has been a Diablo with Floyd Rose system.

Enjoy your Diablo, mate! [thumbup]

Congrats, looks nice! [love]

They made only one run of these if I remember right. For me the Diablo was a near-miss - I had one with Iced Tea finish in mind then but went with an SG Supra featuring a piezo bridge. I'm a hybrid addict... [rolleyes] There also has been a Diablo with Floyd Rose system.

Enjoy your Diablo, mate! [thumbup]

Yea one of my big regrets, those FR Diablo's 50th anni was going for what you pay for a faded special today at a blow out sale a couple of years ago.

WHY DID'T I !!!

Yea Cool Diablo Chicagoslim

Archived