Gibson Brands Forums

Private Stock Customs?

Twisted sister

Yeah, I see a lot of really wicked tops coming from guitar works in Calgary!! I got both my orange widow and purple widow from them!!! They will also go to the plant an let you pick your own top now an build the guitar as you please!!!! I wish I could afford that!!!

The widow guitars are very cool.

Afew years back I only liked plain tops on customs, I loved an still do silverburst, I loved black beauty's, and all the other normal colors customs come in.. I didn't even like a maple top.. But the colors an tops that are comin out on these customs are sooo amazing an unique!! You'll never see any other guitars that look quite the same!!!

Considering that this one of mine is a 2011 Gibson USA Les Paul Standard Quilt limited run guitar only, I think she also doesn't look bad at all - TP-6 finetuning tailpiece, Speed Knobs and Schaller Strap Locks are mods:

IMG_0632_zpsn5b9v4gj.jpg

Std_Q_zps333a44de.jpg

Considering that this one of mine is a 2011 Gibson USA Les Paul Standard Quilt limited run guitar only, I think she also doesn't look bad at all - TP-6 finetuning tailpiece, Speed Knobs and Schaller Strap Locks are mods:

IMG_0632_zpsn5b9v4gj.jpg

Std_Q_zps333a44de.jpg

See that's a prime example of not only a beautiful top but a unique color!!! Odds are none of your friends have the same guitar and you'll probably never walk into a bar and see someone playin the same guitar!!! I used to love sunbursts an black beauty's an everyone has one if not both lol.. I really love the new unique tops and colors an bursts that gibson is coming out with lately!!!

Archived