Gibson Brands Forums

Need information / help in identifying Les Paul

vohlksul

Hello everyone !!!

I have a guitar which i won at auction back in 2011 at a work conference. it has never been played ( what a shame ).

i was hoping that someone could help in identifying what type of guitar and the particulars for this specific guitar?

Any and all information is appreciated.

It has custom airbrushed finish and yup, it was autographed by Rick Nielsen as well..

Thanks again for any information passed along..

post-75039-032773300 1447869858_thumb.jpg

post-75039-071444700 1447869913_thumb.jpg

post-75039-079014900 1447869927_thumb.jpg

post-75039-059697100 1447869949_thumb.jpg

Hello and welcome.

Hmmm.. Impossible to tell the exact model as its been heavily modded.. Its hard to even say if the hardware has been changed or not (black grovers?)..

BUT all I can say is it seems to be a Studio model since theres no binding. So a 2011 LP Studio... Maybe a faded model?

Best thing to do is email those pics and the serial number to Gibson customer service... They should know what it started life as...

Hello Vohlksul, and welcome here.

In my opinion it is best for its value if it's without playing wear.

Hmmm.. Impossible to tell the exact model as its been heavily modded.. Its hard to even say if the hardware has been changed or not (black grovers?)..

BUT all I can say is it seems to be a Studio model since theres no binding. So a 2011 LP Studio... Maybe a faded model?

Best thing to do is email those pics and the serial number to Gibson customer service... They should know what it started life as...

I agree completely. [thumbup]

I had a quick look around... Theres a guitar here from 2011 which seems to roughly match what you have (as in uncovered pickups and black grovers and hardware) and its a Les Paul Studio 60s... So it could be that.. or not :)

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Gibson_Releases_the_Les_Paul_Studio_60s

fc11e075e02_zps18pjam6c.jpg

Looks like a direct hit! [thumbup]

So airbrush and signature seem to be the very differences, and everything else is stock I think.

Looks like a direct hit! [thumbup]

So airbrush and signature seem to be the very differences, and everything else is stock I think.

Woahh.. did you see the price on it? $2499 :o that's expensive for a studio...

But looking at the specs.. It comes with 496r and 500t pups with splits and an Ebony board... Still, seems like a hell of a lot for a studio... It is nice though.. Has EVERY feature I like on a guitar [thumbup] (like a studio version of a Classic)...

Archived