Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Sheraton II Pro

kidblast

So there are many people I could hold responsible for this, (you know who you are..) truth is, I've been hankerin for another Sheraton for a while now. had a mid 90s one, sold it some time ago. After a few run ins with some of the newer Epi semi's with the pro buckers, and add to that, all the recent improvements lately, I figured it was time to add another sheri to the stable.

This one should be here tomorrow sometime. had to do the Gator 335 case, Sweetwater didn't have any epi cases available. The Gator case seems like it might be a bit better case anyway. hopefully, it's all in good order.

1505203440-front-large_zpsptcmitrm.jpg

more to come post unboxing...

Excellent! I have also ordered a new guitar which I hope to be delivered on Friday. If not, it should be Monday. A G-1275 double neck. Which, of course, means I will have to finally learn Stairway to Heaven... [biggrin]

Looking forward to seeing your new baby!

Play well,

Pete

A G-1275 double neck. Which, of course, means I will have to finally learn Stairway to Heaven... [biggrin]

Looking forward to seeing your new baby!

Well Pete, I Got a chuckle out of that one!!!

Enjoy that double neck, hope your shoulder holds up!! :)

/Ray

After a few hours of setup time, new strings, get the factory strings off etc, gotta say this is one nice axe!

The factory setup was very good, but, we all like what we like, so I've set the action, neck relief up more to my preference.

This thing is sweet! Great feel, great sound. The Pro Buckers are very good pickups, lots of sonic ground available with the coil cutters too.

This is my fifth Epiphone, While I like all of them, this one so far has been one of the more impressive Epi's I own. The neck profile is just about perfect for me. I can't believe the MIC guitars are coming out of their boxes this good. (old habits die hard I suppose, I think we've all gotten a bit used to seeing quite a bit of junk from china. Not this time. This is impressive)

IMG_7621_zpsxxo0u8av.jpg

I've had one for about 6 months, the more I play it the more I love it.

Only issue I've had is the 3 way selector, keeps losing a connection going to the bridge position. Will be taking it back to Sweetwater soon to have them check it out for the second time. Other than that, no complaints at all.

I peel off the "e" too.

so you notice! :)

Only issue I've had is the 3 way selector, keeps losing a connection going to the bridge position.

oh bummer, did you try any of the contact cleaner sprays yet? maybe just some dust?

Archived