Gibson Brands Forums

help: Sheraton II Pro over all body length

kidblast

I've got a sheri II pro and a gator GS335 case arriving tomorrow.

I noticed that the standard Epi 335 case is said to not fit a sheraton.. (I ordered the Gator GC-335 case as Sweetwater was out of stock for the 335 case,, which turns out to be a good thing since I guess it wont fit?)

the Gator case interior overall length is list per Overall Length: 42.50"

any body able to help out here? and tell me what your Sheri II Pro over all length is. I find it no where on the Epi or Gibby site.

I've got a sheri II pro and a gator GS335 case arriving tomorrow.

I noticed that the standard Epi 335 case is said to not fit a sheraton.. (I ordered the Gator GC-335 case as Sweetwater was out of stock for the 335 case,, which turns out to be a good thing since I guess it wont fit?)

the Gator case interior overall length is list per Overall Length: 42.50"

any body able to help out here? and tell me what your Sheri II Pro over all length is. I find it no where on the Epi or Gibby site.

Sweetwater should be able to tell you if it will fit in the Gator case

well they did. I ordered it based on the recommendation when they found out they didn't have any EPI cases laying around.

the problem is, I'm not sure THEY were right.

Just looking for someone to measure their sheri and tell me that it's less that 42.5 inches

well they did. I ordered it based on the recommendation when they found out they didn't have any EPI cases laying around.

the problem is, I'm not sure THEY were right.

Just looking for someone to measure their sheri and tell me that it's less that 42.5 inches

found this review on Musician's Friend. looks like bad news...

Comments about Gator GC-335 ATA-Style Guitar Case:

This is an excellent and very lightweight sturdy case but if you own a Sheraton guitar do not be fooled by the terms '335' as the headstock of a Sheraton will stick out about half an inch in this case.If you need a sturdy ATA Case the only one I've found after trying 5 cases on this guitar that will fit an Epiphone Sheraton nicely is the SKB 1SKB-35 Thin Body Semi-Hollow Guitar Case. If you buy a Sheraton buy it with it's original case or the SKB for ATA.

yep, I was afraid of that!

I'll have to return it and find another one

thanks for checking, I was just going back to sweetwater to look at reviews,, saw your post..

I think the body may fit fine. it's the headstock that looks like it might be the issue.

NNNNNOPE! no sawing, no RMAs, no nuthin.

Gator must have changed the case dimensions,

it's NOT 42.50 as their web site status,, it's actually more like 45 inches in the interior. the guitar is not quite 44.

so fits perfectly.

And the axe, pretty much spot on.. May need to drop the action, but other than that, [thumbup]

it's NOT 42.50 as their web site status,, it's actually more like 45 inches in the interior. the guitar is not quite 44.

so fits perfectly.

And the axe, pretty much spot on.. May need to drop the action, but other than that, [thumbup]

Good to hear! congrats on the new guitar!!

so fits perfectly.

Good news then, kidblast. Glad your new Sheri has proper protection. Epiphone has an undeserved reputation for less than

decent quality instruments, which I find laughable. I currently have three guitars, two Fender Strats and one Epiphone Dot. All three

have been professionally setup and all play very well. But if judged on a purely playability scale, in all honesty the Dot

edges out both Fenders by a small but definitely noticeable difference. A great neck appears to be the key.

The Sheraton is one of the nicest guitars that Epiphone produces and congrats on a beautiful example! [thumbup]

Hi Steve, I agree, they are respectable guitars for the money, in fact they always have been. they are a bit more consistent these days than they were in the past. This actually makes for my fifth Epiphone, Also have an Elitist Chet Atkins, a Broadway, Emperor Regent, and a Swingster (White) Royale. This is my second Sheraton, last one was an MIK late 90s version, and I've also had a Joe Pass Emperor II. I never sold them cuz I didn't like them, they were sold to make way for the next shiny object. I'm happy to have another Sheri.

And the Gator Case is pretty nice.

I've gotta get to the setup, tomorrow morning I suppose. (which I've been doing myself for some 35 years now) but, I will say right out of the box, so far, so good!

/Ray

Archived