• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dj Controller Support

#81 User is offline   pagnix 

• Group: All Access

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:12 PM

HI

would anyone happen to have a midi map for a Pioneer DJM S9 mixer? (Now obtained)
and anyone managed to get the VU meter lit up on DJ Tech DJM-101?
Cloned examples from other script changing channels and values but nothing
has worked

I have the Play - pause LED working on the CDJ-101 but when I add the CUE LED
the Play - pause LED stops work and Cue LED doesn't go out. The pitch sliders seem to
Jitter so omitted from posted script above

This post has been edited by pagnix: 31 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

#82 User is offline   vrbenji 

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

hello ,

i have a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar osx high Sierra and I've downloaded and registered decadance 2.43 successfully to OEM version , with a license of my previous version that came with my dj controller brand = djtechpro model = I-mix reload MK2.
When I started to mix I saw that not every button or fader works as it should be , for example take the gain turning knobs.

I wanted to adjust it myself in the configuration preferences menu , but when I pushed the button to open midi learn the decadance application gave me a error notification that it was not possible to do that If it's not the OEM version . But as mentioned above when I look in the menu category under registration I see clearly that it is decadance 2.43 OEM

can you guys help me so that at least everything works as it should be ? thank you very much in advance sincerely Benjamin

#83 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

View Postvrbenji, on 23 January 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

can you guys help me so that at least everything works as it should be ? thank you very much in advance sincerely Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

Your problem is a little bit difficult to fix. The imix reload support was removed since version 2.50 and earlier versions support was done via native code (...this is the reason why you cannot change the mapping manually). You can update your version to new ones but then you will have to create a MIDI mapping or MIDI script from scratch.

#84 User is offline   vrbenji 

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:47 PM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 06 February 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Hi Benjamin,

Your problem is a little bit difficult to fix. The imix reload support was removed since version 2.50 and earlier versions support was done via native code (...this is the reason why you cannot change the mapping manually). You can update your version to new ones but then you will have to create a MIDI mapping or MIDI script from scratch.

hello , and first off all thank you for answering my question. Still now I even got some more questions related to this problem.

- so the easiest solution is stick to DD 2.50 and don't use a newer version of DD then 2.5 then my device is still supported.

- you mentioned " to update my version to the new ones , I am sure last time I installed DD that I used the last new install file , so what do you mean with update my version ?? does this mean I have to buy a new serial or product or am I mistaken on this?

- and making a midi map from scratch: well I would nothing rather do, then making a whole new midi script but how can I do this when I can't even change the existing midi script .

thank you for your patience and answers to help solve my problem , as English is not my mother language and I really want to understand the situation why and wat but more important is how to solve it or make a workaround or use older platform or buy new software ( as where I don't have the money for buying a new device or new software )

I really hope that with the help and explanations of you guys it's going to get more clear to me . thanks in advance sincearly Benjamin

#85 User is offline   TheMoroney 

• LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:08 PM

View Postvrbenji, on 23 February 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

hello , and first off all thank you for answering my question. Still now I even got some more questions related to this problem.

- so the easiest solution is stick to DD 2.50 and don't use a newer version of DD then 2.5 then my device is still supported.

- you mentioned " to update my version to the new ones , I am sure last time I installed DD that I used the last new install file , so what do you mean with update my version ?? does this mean I have to buy a new serial or product or am I mistaken on this?

- and making a midi map from scratch: well I would nothing rather do, then making a whole new midi script but how can I do this when I can't even change the existing midi script .

thank you for your patience and answers to help solve my problem , as English is not my mother language and I really want to understand the situation why and wat but more important is how to solve it or make a workaround or use older platform or buy new software ( as where I don't have the money for buying a new device or new software )

I really hope that with the help and explanations of you guys it's going to get more clear to me . thanks in advance sincearly Benjamin

To answer your questions in order.

1. For you, sticking with 2.43 and earlier is probably the best option because of how that controller's functionality was built into deckadance.

2. In order to do midi mapping, then yes, you will need to either buy DD standard of DD DVS editions. DD OEM was shipped with devices from Behringer and DJtech for a couple years and is a locked down version of DD that only works with controllers from those specific manufactures.

3. For your controllers, there is no existing script. The MIDI scripts for deckadance are written in a language called AngleScript, a very loose derivative of the C programming language. When your controllers were working with deckadance (V2.43 and earlier), they were functioning due to pieces of code written directly into deckadance's execution routines. That code that made your controllers work (and the code that is deckadance), was written in the programming language of C++. From V2.5 onwards, all of the controller code written in C++ (and thereby included in the main Deckadance code), was removed in favor of MIDI scripting. This was done because with midi scripting, you have better control over what your Midi controllers can control. As you have found out, the downside was that before the changeover, various controllers that used to work no longer function due to various different reasons. I encourage you to try using the built in deckadance midi mapping utilty as a starting point to generate your own script and then seeing if someone who is more familiar with how DD scripting works can optimize it for you (feel free to reach out to me once you have generated a script).

This post has been edited by TheMoroney: 24 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

Guest Script Writer (IE, I do not work for Stanton, Gibson, or any of their associated brands, nor do I work any other companies who are in the industry. This also means I do not get any compensation for the scripts I write. All scripts that are written by me and all help given by me is to be acknowledged as one user helping another.)
Author of the Numark DJ2GO script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the Numark Orbit script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the updated version of the script for the M-Audio Xponent (included in 2.72)
Author of the Akai APK Mini script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the Numark Mixtrack 3 script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Deckadance user since 2014
FL Studio user since 2013

#86 User is offline   skrew 

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

Hi, please make script for mixtrack platinum!!!

#87 User is offline   fxdagenius 

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:17 PM

View PostTheMoroney, on 28 March 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Fxdagenius, if you can map out the controls using the built in mapping tool, and upload the results, I could throw together a script for you, it just wouldn't have any midi out unless I manage to find documentation for how vestax implemented midi. I would also need someone to be willing to test it as I don't own this controller (starting to move more into DVS personally.)

Hello again Luis, its been a while. I am still having trouble with the wonderfully crafted vci-400. I have functionality but my low eq knobs for deck A and B won't reset correctly they are always around 60 degrees of of the center 0 mark. I tried switching controllers in the settings menu that didn't work then I tried remapping the buttons but they still stay locked to the right off set by about 60 degrees. No matter how many times I twist the knob they return to that position. I exported a script but it was only a few lines of code (I'm no programmer, but it looks like it only recorded the changes that I made when I tried to remap the eq knobs) One of the arguments didn't look complete so I deleted it but it didn't help much. All it did was get the low eq knobs to match in the 60 degree offset position. Any recommendations?

Also how do I "map out the controlls using the built in mapping tool?" The script would be excellent because I am sure I am not the only one hoping for it and I would love to get going with DD again. I will do anything I can to help the script get made. I have some documents from Vestax what should I be looking for...regarding the midi out implementation? Finally I would absolutely test the script after you create it!

Looking forward to you reply thanks.

#88 User is offline   jadiazrod 

Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:39 PM

Hello
I own a Vestax Typhoon controller... which worked perfectly OK on DD 2.43... but not on DD 2.72 now installed in my laptop... DD 2.43 shows " Remote Controller " option on the Preferences Menu Set up... and automatically recognizes it and shows it on the controller list with picture and everything as soon as its plugged in, even, there is a " Scan " button to search for plugged in hardware... Somehow that " Remote Controller " option was dropped in DD 2.7 version... the only thing in the Preferences Set up menu is "Midi Controller" option...however, it recognizes the Vestax Typhoon because shows it " ON " in the In & OUT preferences ( it show it green On...) but that is all... on the "Control Surface" option I can see some Vestax controllers but not Vestax Typhoon... I've been trying to look the Midi Script for The Vestax Typhoon in forums but so far no luck...
can some one guide me how to make my Vestax Typhoon working with DD 2.7 Please...?
Thanks in advance

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users