Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Slueth needed to identify strange LP

Papawooly

Hello Les Paul Detectives…

We need your help. This guitar was originally purchased in late 80's in San Jose, and was loaned

to a friend in Oregon and was away for > 20 years ago but was recently returned. We have been using

this guitar a lot as it records very well and is so sweet to play.

However, we have no knowledge of it's Gibson origins. I don't believe this guitar is made of wood, but

I recall it being made of some synthetic material such as resin or kevlar etc… and somehow it is in my

memory that it was associated with Stienberger.

It is all black with EMG's (which may or not be original) and it has a 10dB boost switch that I believe was factory.

It has a dot neck, but a "standard: truss-rod cover, and the stamped s/n is very hard to read, but is shown in

thumbnail below.

Please help, we are very curious to know more about this guitar, but I must again say, this guitar has an

unbelievable sound, and is about as easy to play LP as any of us has ever tried. Overall wonderful instrument.

Thanks again

Papawooly!

post-75050-094820600 1448296841_thumb.jpg

That is a Les Paul Studio Lite. The pickups are not original and I don't think the Kahler is either. If it came with a trem it was likely a Steinberger which was total junk. Better to have the Kahler.

80sLite.jpg

Cool guitar!!!!

Archived