Gibson Brands Forums

What pups does the 2015 Classic actually have?

grovesnor

According to Gibson website they are '57 Classic/Super '57

According to everyone else (and some owners)'61 Tributes?

Confused I am. [confused]

Who is saying that?

(It has '57 Classics/Super '57 as stated on their website, unless someone has changed pickups themselves)

Maybe people make the mistake thinking the zebra coil has something to do with it?

According to Gibson website they are '57 Classic/Super '57

According to everyone else (and some owners)'61 Tributes?

Confused I am. [confused]

Who is saying that?

(It has '57 Classics/Super '57 as stated on their website, unless someone has changed pickups themselves)

Maybe people make the mistake thinking the zebra coil has something to do with it?

Well, not exactly according to everyone else but to lots of reputable retailer websites saying '61 Tribute PUs, whyever they do so.

Gibson make the guitar I guess they should know what pickups it has !

I'd take their spec over some other web site ..

They should know, right. Anyway, one shouldn't take anyone's specs over facts.

My own Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess has been specified then to come with nickel-plated pickup covers and hardware, and an R4 locking nut. However, except for the machine heads's gear housings all of the platings were chrome, and the nut appeared to be an R3. Two more of these were made this way, too, and Graph Tech doesn't offer a nickel-plated version of the Floyd Rose Ghost LB63 bridge.

I also replaced the cheap locking nut and strap lock knock-offs of my Alex Lifeson LP Axcess with quality parts.

Specifications can be erroneous, but facts don't lie.

I've seen somewhere this week advertising as '57 Classic and Super '57, if that helps. Same pickups from a Traditional Pro II of 2013; maybe the Super '57s were over-produced and getting used-up in the Classics, or they've run out of stock making some runs and substituted with the '61s?

Archived