Gibson Brands Forums

I'm Really Getting Sick Of................

Murph

Duluth Trading Co. commercials. Voice over trying to sound like a tough guy while cartoon fatties prance around in their underwear. A moose licks his under-arm.

Makes me want to go buy some Carhartt......

Shutup.....

Carhartt is part of THE uniform around here. Except me. I don't do uniforms. The standard uniform for any male under 50 around here is a navy blue (Columbia?) sweatshirt, dark blue Dickies, Red Wing boots, and a Carharrt jacket.

Oh, and a goatee and baseball cap.

None of the above for me, thanks.

Also I'm over 50 so I'm categorically excluded from following the crowd. Before the age of 50 I was just being anti-crowd.

I was at Tractor Supply yesterday getting grain-free dog food and saw a rack of Wrangler snap button rockabilly plaid and paisley shirts I would SOOOO rock the sh** out of but I know firsthand they aren't made very well.

I was at Tractor Supply yesterday getting grain-free dog food and saw a rack of Wrangler snap button rockabilly plaid and paisley shirts I would SOOOO rock the sh** out of but I know firsthand they aren't made very well.

I've worn those. They are fine for gig wear - not really tough enough for work wear. There is a better Wrangler series I think they call Retro or something. All cotton and pretty well made. I have a denim one that's nice.

Carhart's pretty tough, but I wear differing versions of Wyoming Traders' vests year-round. Spring-summer-fall are canvas like Carharts, but winter is all wool. Wyoming Traders' vests are four outside pockets and two good inside pockets. Good for my line of work.

m

In the 70s I often wore denim barn coats, usually Lee. In '98 (I think) I bought a barn coat from Penney's and I still have it....and it looks like I got stuck under the Farmall for a month or so, tangled up in the sickle bar.

I'd like to find an old school heavy duty made in USA riveted bulletproof barn coat. I'd probably pay dearly for it but it would also last the rest of my life.

Some wrangler shirts are pretty tough, some are more like the Chinese "western" shirts that may have snaps and two pockets, but don't last well.

"Western wear" is pretty much what I and a lotta other folks wear around here. Mine usually are button down collar button front but two pocket shirts that aren't quite "dress shirts" or "work shirts" but somewhere in between. That's pretty typical even for a lotta guys who actually are working livestock horseback around here too. Ditto the Wyoming Traders vests.

My "unless its a whole bleeping blizzard" winter jackets are Badlands Circuit Finals jackets. One's hip length and one's long enough to cover one's HMMM HMMM. I got the jackets as a PRCA Rodeo committee member - only contestants and committees can get 'em, and they're rodeo tough.

m

Carhartt is part of THE uniform around here. Except me. I don't do uniforms. The standard uniform for any male under 50 around here is a navy blue (Columbia?) sweatshirt, dark blue Dickies, Red Wing boots, and a Carharrt jacket.

Oh, and a goatee and baseball cap.

None of the above for me, thanks.

Also I'm over 50 so I'm categorically excluded from following the crowd. Before the age of 50 I was just being anti-crowd.

i saw the same shirts at my local TSC. i shop there alot. yea, if it's "fashionable", i avoid it. my wife has a closet full of Under Armor clothes. she asks me from time to time when am I going to get something by Under Armor. I say "never".

Duluth Trading Co. commercials. Voice over trying to sound like a tough guy while cartoon fatties prance around in their underwear. A moose licks his under-arm.

Makes me want to go buy some Carhartt......

Shutup.....

Hey! Sam Elliott is a tough guy! Haven't you seen Tombstone or Roadhouse? lol.........

BTW... both my wife and I wear boots, usually Tonys or Justins, occasionally Luchessi or whatever, all the time except when she wears her summer Justin flipflops or whatever they're called nowadays.

No Tractor Supply here, but Runnings, a similar operation, is in the process of putting in a new 60,000 square foot store.

m

The ol' carhartts. I wore that stuff for over 30 years. Bib overalls and coats from my Railroading days. Most all of the guys working there wore them. Then welding and burning took a toll on them sooner or later but we had to wear thick stuff with burning jackets, leathers, chaps. Ever have a enormously hot piece of slag go down your color and end up in your boot? Yep, we had a thing called the Railroad dance. If you saw a guy all of a sudden jumping and dancing around you knew he caught a hot piece of slag. Lol

It takes a whole lot more than a commercial to fire me up but Duluth has great gear love the boxers that don't pinch places that shouldn't be inches and at 6'4" there three inch extra long shirts are great in fact those Duluth shirts are almost all i wear anymore since i no longer have to do the real job wardrobe. And as for Carhart worksheets yep got a ton of them also in fact that's pretty much my winter outfit right there Levis. Duluth Plumber crack t-shirts and a Carhart work-shirt worn open over them instead of a jacket throw on a pair of OxBlood Doc martin for life boots on their third rebuild of the second replacement and that's me.

Archived