Gibson Brands Forums

This is what I go through every day...

ksdaddy

You'd better snag it!

Nah, that's me trying to get RID of it! That guy was trying to tell me it sold at Sears for $40. I was being passive aggressive and sarcastic in my reply (imagine that!)

I'm trying to get rid of about 7 or 8 more like it. They are NOT worth even handling. If I thought they were worth more apart I would have no qualms selling them piece by piece.

I think every black Strat copy in the state has ended up in my cellar in the past year.

I do like the little pointy end on the headstock, though. It looks like it could be useful for home repairs of one sort or another.

Maybe good for digging the gunk out of your bass players ear during a concert. You could roll it in little balls and flick them at the audience. If your in a club, you could try and land it in their beer.

I think every black Strat copy in the state has ended up in my cellar in the past year.

If you do come across another one and you don't buy it, you should pat yourself on the back.

I once bought a black Strat only because it was black, and I didn't have a black one. It's a VALID excuse!

I think, if you have an abundance of guitars, cheap or not, that you are selling or can sell just because, that isn't really a problem. It's a good place to be.

However, I do think I understand your frustration. It's not so much the problem of selling guitars, it's that you experience the human condition that even when you put up extremely fair deals, most only have bad things to say about it.

And that my friend, sucks.

What happened to the days when people would actually spend more effort saying good things about GOOD things?

Truth is, that's why I spend so much time here, rather than facebook and the like.

Repeat after me: Quality Over Quantity.

I'm starting to think that. Although I think the guitars I've got are quality guitars, I'm thinking more quality.

So I'm starting to unload some of my "wallflowers." I put a few up on the local newspaper online classifieds. I got a couple of the ridiculous lowball offers that get talked about here. But then just yesterday I unloaded my Epi MB200 banjo for my asking price, which was more than I paid for it! Will wonders never cease? Of course, I've still got a long way to go to fund a Guild F-512 12-string.... [crying]

14uuc74.jpg

Ive seen this a lot. I sold a guitar on CList a while back. It sold new for about $220. I listed it for $150 and instantly got "HAHAHAHA! Those things are junk!! They used to give them away at Sam Ash for FREE!!!"

The guy actually took the time to write out "HAHAHAHA" in an email...

I'd rather slam my d1ck in the car door than deal with the loosers on CList....

Ive seen this a lot. I sold a guitar on CList a while back. It sold new for about $220. I listed it for $150 and instantly got "HAHAHAHA! Those things are junk!! They used to give them away at Sam Ash for FREE!!!"

The guy actually took the time to write out "HAHAHAHA" in an email...

I'd rather slam my d1ck in the car door than deal with the loosers on CList....

Oh pleeeeaaase! That mental image is too painful~

We often have people call our store and ask about HDTV's. They want to know about prices and also if they purchase the HDTV from a Costco would we do the installation & setup for them. The guys sometimes think that's a fun call to pass onto me. I usually am very nice but thinking "what do you think you're asking me to do?" If you don't trust them to install the TV why do you want one of the TV's that's made just for big boxes to discount (cuz they are not made/perform like the ones a Custom Integrator has access to). I told a Dr. one time, after finding out he was a GI Dr. "let's just try this in your business/profession. If I need a colonoscopy, I want to buy all the materials that you will use, anesthesia, IV's, etc. from a place I did some minor research on what I needed. I found them much cheaper on a medical cyber site. Would you do that?" He thought that didn't make sense for him to do because he know's what equip. works best for his work better than I would with a website telling me what I needed. Also, the materials needed were part of their fee for the professional service. I said I was glad to hear that cuz it's just the same for me. He bought the HDTV, AVR, & Speakers from me and we installed it. I STILL HATE THOSE CALLS HOWEVER. As bad as CList & such for me.

Aster

<br /><i>I'd rather slam my d1ck in the car door than deal with the loosers on CList.... </i><br /><br />Maybe just have a beer instead???<br /><br />I hear ya Searcy,  truth is, theses days eBay is no better.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Reverb.com is pretty good. I've sold a few things on there. better than ebay, and WAY fewer tools than craigslist.

Archived