Gibson Brands Forums

206 J-185

duluthdan

Just curious to see if nyone has played, to owns one of the 2016 J-185 models yet? This is the most intriguing guitar on my wish list. Loved the tone and thunder I got out of the J-200 I used to have, and hankering to try one of the J-185s to see if we could get along better.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/2016/J-185-Red-Spruce.aspx

Funny that you bring this up as I just spotted this about two days ago myself. My 2007 J-185 TV is turning out to be my favorite guitar and when I saw the combination of Adirondack over Big Leaf maple I can only imagine the kind of power this baby might have. And a short scale to boot! Dan, you just might have to make a winter trip down to the Front Range and give us a personal report. Hope the good weather holds a bit.

Dan, you just might have to make a winter trip down to the Front Range and give us a personal report. Hope the good weather holds a bit.

I may need to travel to Boulder to see Woodsong. Need a PU installed, the meandering J-45 crack attended to, and diagnosis of damage from a trip and fall with the J-50.

Archived