Gibson Brands Forums

Playing with Mrs EA.

EuroAussie

That got your attention didnt it .... filthy minds. :rolleyes:

Nvertheless, from those around here for a long time they know there is a Mrs EA, and occasionally she pops up on a clip here and there, but not often.

Ive been trying to get the Mrs to play more gigs with us but she deosnt share the same enthusiasm, however on special occasions she may be perusaded.

The promise of new shoes from the fee for a corporate show was enough to get her motivated (know the trick now) and last night we played at the annual CANZA Ball (czech australian new zealand association).

Its a annual performance and we opened the show for the Czech Bee Gees (they were great) with some Aussie and Kiwi numbers. I played together with a local professional muso, and Mrs EA joined us on a few numbers in the back half of the set. He uses a lovelly deep sounding rosewood Lowden Jumbo so i complemented it with the sparklier Gibson maple Jumbo.

Anyway thought Id share a couple clips of Crowdies songs (even though im not meant to as she's not happy with her vocals, a bit flat in parts, but shes a perfectionist .... Im just very proud of her for getting out there)

WEATHER WITH YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuXM5CupGNg&feature=youtu.be

DISTANT SUN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P2NAwYKm_g

Just set up a stereo, so not in a place to listen yet. But, posting this will save my place for later.

As I remember, Mrs. EA has quite a voice, and really brings beauty to a gig. (I don't just mean her looks).

Looking forward to it.

Not to mention, your playing just slays me. Looking forward to seeing if you still got what you had last time I listened to a vid of yours, which was over a year ago.

I bet Davey Graham's Anji went over well too [smile].

(Ha)^2.

Lucky man. Finding a woman who does music is big on the list. I trust Mrs EA joins in on the more casual jams (?).

'Didn't know it was your J-150 responsible for all of that maple jangle until the trem/end of Distant Sun.

And he was the pro muso? ; ).

Thanks for the kind words folks, and the positive feedback will indeed be communicated to Mrs EA ! (that is after she smacks me for posting the weather vid in the first place).

Have to say its great to play on these stages, its a great PA and set up, but what is totally best is that you have guys who set it up and put it away after - we just plug and play, boy, if only it could be like that for every gig !

Im also glad I took the Maple Jumbo as it really adds a nice splash of those jingle jangle tones over the Lowden rhythm played by the singer.

cheers !

EA

Really, I thought the recording was rather fine, a bit of crowd noise as expected from placing the camera by the mixing desk, but other than while not brilliant it sounded quite OK to me.

Why gives you impresssion the recording is terrible Stein, Im quite curious ?

The recording is terrible. How did it sound to you when you were playing?

But, still, I could tell enough, you need to buy more shoes.

Hell, give me a place to send a check, and I'LL buy her a pair.

Really, I thought the recording was rather fine, a bit of crowd noise as expected from placing the camera by the mixing desk, but other than while not brilliant it sounded quite OK to me.

Why gives you impresssion the recording is terrible Stein, Im quite curious ?

Maybe it's my computer. It's really on it's last legs. Video will cause it to shut down if I play it for too long. I guess the audio is going.

Not that it ever sounded all that great.

It has to be this computer, because there is no way what I heard you would wonder about. Bass was non-existant, treble was thin and, basically, just the top of the notes. pieces of it. Couldn't make out harmonies.

But enough, with the help of memory, to tell the sweetness in Mrs. EA's voice, along with that figure you were playing. Enough to hear the stamp she puts on the chorus. Kinda reminds me of angels, which I REALLY wanted to hear better in something I could hear everything clearly.

Curious, that the only things I could make out were your guitar figure on top and her voice. The guitar riff, I can understand, but I don't remember her voice being so "up-front".

Right, the bass was a bit light in hindsight and the focus was more on the top end, thats a fair observation. Id suggest listening through a set of reasonable headphones, it sounds the warmest and most representative then, of how i remember being out the front, off the stage during the soundcheck.

Maybe it's my computer. It's really on it's last legs. Video will cause it to shut down if I play it for too long. I guess the audio is going.

Not that it ever sounded all that great.

It has to be this computer, because there is no way what I heard you would wonder about. Bass was non-existant, treble was thin and, basically, just the top of the notes. pieces of it. Couldn't make out harmonies.

But enough, with the help of memory, to tell the sweetness in Mrs. EA's voice, along with that figure you were playing. Enough to hear the stamp she puts on the chorus. Kinda reminds me of angels, which I REALLY wanted to hear better in something I could hear everything clearly.

Curious, that the only things I could make out were your guitar figure on top and her voice. The guitar riff, I can understand, but I don't remember her voice being so "up-front".

N nice work if you can get it.

Liked it aussie.

Love crowded house , was an avid fan at one time and distant sun is a classic.

Weather with you is a real vocal stretch. For me anyway with my drunken sailors voice.

Applause applause

Thanks BBG. personally I wouldn't go anywhere close vocally to Weather also .... way out of my league, stretch indeed mate !

Archived