Gibson Brands Forums

southern jumbo 12 fret

scriv58

Yes, I still feel the glow. I got this guitar within hours of Sweetwater putting it on thier website.

It was what I was looking for. I called within minuets and got it the next day.

I love the sound, the look and the feel. It's been almost a year, and I haven't found anything wrong with it. It fits me like a glove, I'm 6'2"/250lbs.

The guitar is light, feels very resonant. It is simply a joy to play. I especially love this guitar and my J-200.

Still loving the Southern Jumbo Special!

I didn't get the 12-fret SJ, but did get the 12-fret Stage Deluxe Rosewood (inspired by the Roy Smeck Stage Deluxe). Instead of the typical, tapered-from-lower-bout-to-shoulders Gibson slope body, it has the near-uniform depth of the Original Jumbo. WONDERFUL guitar. Light as a feather, and redolent in rich tone.

Certainly the placement of the bridge on a 12-fret guitar is most reponsible for its wonderful tone. Everyone should get an oppotunity to try one, and see if it suits them. I have two 12 fret guitars now, and both are winners in my book.

Red 333

I've had my Gibson Southern Jumbo 12 Fret Special for a while now 8 months or so and it's still fantastic sounding Warm, Woody and Dry

and I have a Gibson J-15 Walnut that I love too, these new Bozeman Montana Gibsons are at a very high level of "Well Everything" and I can't believe the quality that you get out of this J-15 the flame on the back and sides is awesome

Archived