Gibson Brands Forums

NGD 2015 Les Paul Junior

JAddison

Hi all,

I have always fancied a LP Junior but never bought one. I checked out the Black Friday deals when I got to work at 7:30 am and found the 2015 Juniors going for £285 (down from £500). Crazy.. there really must be a lot of hate for this years models (!)

I didn't even have to think about it for that price.

Mine was made on the 3rd of March.

First impressions;

High quality through out apart from the finish on the top of the body either side of the neck. Its only slight, right where the neck meets the body on both sides, the surface looks a little uneven and slightly pitted. Not seen this before on an electric. It doesn't bother me.

Frets are great, smooth edges. Fretboard looks and feels grade A. The P90 is nice, big variety of tones avail and the Gforce tuning system has surpassed my expectations so far.

I played around with open tunings last night and it just seems perfect. Very impressed so far with this versatile little gem. Can't wait to raise the nut and play silde on her (which was the biggest selling point for me)

Some pics;

20151129_174921.jpg

20151129_174955.jpg

20151130_170047.jpg

20151130_170122.jpg

20151130_170138.jpg

20151130_170152.jpg

Hi all,

I have always fancied a LP Junior but never bought one. I checked out the Black Friday deals when I got to work at 7:30 am and found the 2015 Juniors going for £285 (down from £500). Crazy.. there really must be a lot of hate for this years models (!)

First impressions;

High quality through out apart from the finish on the top of the body either side of the neck. Its only slight, right where the neck meets the body on both sides, the surface looks a little uneven and slightly pitted. Not seen this before on an electric. It doesn't bother me.

Frets are great, smooth edges. Fretboard looks and feels grade A. The P90 is nice, big variety of tones avail and the Gforce tuning system has surpassed my expectations so far.

I played around with open tunings last night and it just seems perfect. Very impressed so far with this versatile little gem. Can't wait to raise the nut and play silde on her (which was the biggest selling point for me)

Some pics;

20151129_174921.jpg

20151129_174955.jpg

20151130_170047.jpg

20151130_170122.jpg

20151130_170138.jpg

20151130_170152.jpg

Links don't work mate. Congratulations all the same =D

got a deal on one myself a few weeks ago,they are surprisingly good.how much did you wind up paying in USD...british money throws me off.mine came with klusons but still has the brass nut which i thought was useless at first,until i saw how easy it is to adjust string height at the nut.its probably one of the better innovations on the 2015s.enjoy,and HNGD

got a deal on one myself a few weeks ago,they are surprisingly good.how much did you wind up paying in USD...british money throws me off.mine came with klusons but still has the brass nut which i thought was useless at first,until i saw how easy it is to adjust string height at the nut.its probably one of the better innovations on the 2015s.enjoy,and HNGD

Works out as $429

I cant stop playing mine. I was always too lazy to change tunings that I would only ever use my Dobro for open tunings and slide. Now I can can do it all on the junior!

Thanks for the congrats Versatile [biggrin]

Hi all,

First impressions;

Some pics;

20151129_174921.jpg

20151129_174955.jpg

20151130_170047.jpg

20151130_170122.jpg

20151130_170138.jpg

20151130_170152.jpg

I always wanted a Jr and just saw a band with a guy who had one and his sounded awesome .....so I bought a used 2015.... I thought I got a decent deal but guys like you definitely got my price beat.

Anyway, the guitar is fine, I love the sound and the neck feels fine too, I wasn't sure about the width but I barely notice it to be honest. It just sort of feels like the high E string is missing.

I still HATE that hideous logo and the Chairman Mao hologram. I'm going to get a sticker to cover up the ridiculous Les Paul sig and just try to pretend that dumb hologram doesn't exist. I have no idea what Gibson was thinking when they put those on a LP but it's just so dumb looking.

I'm going to ditch the G Force too, just not my thing. I guess if you use a bunch of different turnings it might be handy, but I don't.

The 2015's did get a lot of hate but it wasn't because the guitars were bad, it was just Gibson added a lot of crap most people didn't want and they did it to EVERY guitar. If they had made the changes optional or made one or two models with the changes there wouldn't have been the kind of backlash there was.

Thanks for the congrats. Man this forum seems to be really dead these days. I was going to re do the links but I don't there's much point!

Thanks again

It seemed like the forum got dead when the 2015's came out. I guess there isn't as much excitement about the 2016's as I thought there would be.

Archived