Gibson Brands Forums

COA needed

175sh

Do you mean it's a 'second' or is it your second ES175? sorry to sound dumb.

The quick answer is no, the original owner would have had all the paperwork and Gibson won't give you another COA; though you might be able to arrange some sort of verification if you are prepared to send it back to them (as I understand it - forum or staff members please correct me if I'm wrong).

Also some Gibsons in the 2000s didn't come with a COA; my LP for instance - which I bought S/H.

Regards!

Do you mean it's a 'second' or is it your second ES175? sorry to sound dumb.

The quick answer is no, the original owner would have had all the paperwork and Gibson won't give you another COA; though you might be able to arrange some sort of verification if you are prepared to send it back to them (as I understand it - forum or staff members please correct me if I'm wrong).

Also some Gibsons in the 2000s didn't come with a COA; my LP for instance - which I bought S/H.

Regards!

Ha, it's my second. I have a 2004 version also.

I do not ever recall seeing a 2002 ES175 with a COA. I am "almost" positive they did not unless it was a special model. The general rule to get a replacement COA, you must be the original owner and have the original paperwork with serial number and then send the documentation and the guitar to Gibson for verification. (Might make a good vacation to take it to Nashville). There are a few things they would need to see and check before issuing a COA. The COA is so easy to fake that it has little value but it is really needed to complete the full "case candy" package. If you are not the original owner, you are out of luck unless the first owner finds the COA.

Archived