Gibson Brands Forums: Epiphone Bass identification - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Epiphone Bass identification 4 string bass guitar help please

#1 User is offline   ryan33 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:26 AM

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and would like the help of the experts please. I bought an Epiphone bass guitar recently and would like to find out a bit more about it. I attach some pictures that I took today to help with the identification. Thanks Tom (Kent UK) Looks like my pictures are too large to upload so I will describe the bass as best I could. It is a White 4 string bass with three pickups (I large and two smaller ones) It has the wording Epiphone in large letters on the head with Gibson in small letters. It is a strung through the back of the body so does that make it a Rock Bass (never heard of this 'till I read about it on this site yesterday) I think the head is described as a hockeystick (again a new one on me) I am learning a lot since I joined yesterday. Take care Tom

#2 User is offline   paulnb57 

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:44 AM

Sounds like it might be one of these..

Epiphone Powerbass

http://epiphonewiki.....php/Power_Bass

As a newbie to bass guitars you may be mistaking the amount of pickups, the 2 small ones count as one and are similar to those used on the Fender Precision Bass, the other pickup nearest to the bridge, is similar to that used on a Fender Jazz Bass.

Hope this helps?

Good luck with your new bass!

Paul

#3 User is offline   Jon S. 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Customer Service Team

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:17 AM

Email the pictures to us at service@gibson.com and we'll be happy to check it out.

#4 User is offline   BeagleBoy 

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

View Postpaulnb57, on 14 December 2015 - 04:44 AM, said:

Paul,
The //epiphonewiki 'link' appears to be broken. I've even tried "epiphonewiki.com", but this 'times-out' also. Is website/page "gone"?

Thanks,
Conrad

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users