Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Bass identification

ryan33

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and would like the help of the experts please. I bought an Epiphone bass guitar recently and would like to find out a bit more about it. I attach some pictures that I took today to help with the identification. Thanks Tom (Kent UK) Looks like my pictures are too large to upload so I will describe the bass as best I could. It is a White 4 string bass with three pickups (I large and two smaller ones) It has the wording Epiphone in large letters on the head with Gibson in small letters. It is a strung through the back of the body so does that make it a Rock Bass (never heard of this 'till I read about it on this site yesterday) I think the head is described as a hockeystick (again a new one on me) I am learning a lot since I joined yesterday. Take care Tom

Sounds like it might be one of these..

Epiphone Powerbass

http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/Power_Bass

As a newbie to bass guitars you may be mistaking the amount of pickups, the 2 small ones count as one and are similar to those used on the Fender Precision Bass, the other pickup nearest to the bridge, is similar to that used on a Fender Jazz Bass.

Hope this helps?

Good luck with your new bass!

Paul

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I recently converted my tone pot into a bass cut pot for the neck pickup and put a dummy "tone pot on 10" in there as well since I didnt like the sound without the tone pot and gotta say its a fun project and sounds really great.

13701270_1164183893646334_923093027519951068_o.jpg 85.34 KiB Viewed 1565 times

Archived