Gibson Brands Forums: SCS1d plastic center "woble" - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SCS1d plastic center "woble"

#1 User is offline   pARtybOy 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

Hello there, the SCS1d turntable center plastic "spindle" is a little loose after some time using them, beatjuggling, scratching,... when the platter is not spinning check yourself the "excess" movement on the center turntable "spindle" (grabd vinyl and move it up/down instead of forward/backward), after some months smh, saw the SL-DZ mod online,and really tought about doing something similar,but then I tought of this simple solution,fill the extra space, so get some velcro(only the soft part) and cut 3 pieces to make a "spacer" like these in the pics below:

Posted Image Posted Image

cut 1 velcro rectangle 5cm long and 0.8 tall,and cut 2 rectangles 2cm wide and 0.8cm tall, stick the smaller rectangles to the bigger one like in the example below,leaving a 0.5cm gap between the 2 smaller velcros, insert the velcro spacer between the plastic center and the platter, remember to insert the velcro spacer with the gap to the outside (platter side) for better anti-woble

Posted Image Posted Image

5cm long

this spacer will be enough, I tested several different "velcro" workarounds and sizes. if anyone has a better solution,share it please.

#2 User is offline   pARtybOy 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

solution for warbly platter or platter running slow:
try removing the vynil and slipmat and check if the plastic center,turns ok,if you feel like it gets stuck on the rotations,like I did,you will need to oil lubrificate, it is very easy DIY fix,just use 2 small screwdrivers,like the little ones for clock watches,to unscrew the screw in the middle of the vinyl.then remove the plastic center,clean it underneath, and there should be another black piece left on the screw hole,remove it and apply some oil lubricant on it,
I used a silicone based oil spray,I DONT recommend using WD40,because it leaves residues.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users