Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson auto tuners issue

Dinosauria

I'm a big fan of the system the stability/tuning has been fine. There has only been one negative, a pretty big one. One of my auto tuners has stopped working all together. I've tried taking it off and making sure everything was clean and fitted correctly however it just doesn't work. I did try to to contact Gibson about a replacement however I haven't had a reply as of yet. So it looks like my only option will be to take the whole system off and buy a set of new standard tuners.

The tiny gears seem pretty fragile. Mine hasn't been knocked about or anything. It just stopped working. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I'm a big fan of the system the stability/tuning has been fine. There has only been one negative, a pretty big one. One of my auto tuners has stopped working all together. I've tried taking it off and making sure everything was clean and fitted correctly however it just doesn't work. I did try to to contact Gibson about a replacement however I haven't had a reply as of yet. So it looks like my only option will be to take the whole system off and buy a set of new standard tuners.

The tiny gears seem pretty fragile. Mine hasn't been knocked about or anything. It just stopped working. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

First, Is it just not auto tuning? Can you still tune it manualy? If it isn't auto tuning then the servo motor is done and the entire key will have to be replaced. Gibson sent me a replacement pretty quick when I had the same problem with my B string. If you don't here back from an e-mail just call. They have benn very good and quick with anything I've needed.

Archived