Gibson Brands Forums

Broken handle on my SJ200 case.

aerohead

Hello!

Recently, I was looking for handles for friend and fellow member Capmaster. As it turned out to be there are hundreds of case parts on eBay. Even NOS and vintage replica article can be found in big quantities. Buy a new handle with the stays and rivets. With a dull knife, You will be able to separate the case lining from the rim, gaining access to the rivets. Pry them open and remove the handle with the stays. Install the new one, and glue the lining back.

Good luck... Bence

• 4 weeks later...
1450385492[/url]' post='1722126']

Hello!

Recently, I was looking for handles for friend and fellow member Capmaster. As it turned out to be there are hundreds of case parts on eBay. Even NOS and vintage replica article can be found in big quantities. Buy a new handle with the stays and rivets. With a dull knife, You will be able to separate the case lining from the rim, gaining access to the rivets. Pry them open and remove the handle with the stays. Install the new one, and glue the lining back.

Good luck... Bence

Not sure if I'm not searching correctly or what the issue is but I can't find new handles on eBay.

Not sure if I'm not searching correctly or what the issue is but I can't find new handles on eBay.

As you've probably figured out by now, all the advice people gave you abut how to fix your old one won't really work, since the metal structural part of your handle connection is broken.

Try this link:

ebay handles

Your old handle looks just like the one used on high-end TKL cases, like the repro redline cases that come with Gibson's Legend series guitars and some others. Don't know if you could get one from TKL or not, but it's worth a try. You would still have to remove the entire original handle and rivet the new one on. Not that hard, as these typically use split rivets.

Archived