Gibson Brands Forums

DeArmon pickup

wallyworld

Just gained possession of 1948 L7 archtop; it came with a DeArman Guitar Mike pickup.

I am trying to restore both to original condition. The Guitar Mike has a damaged (crack)

in the plastic plug/pin cover, I am in the search for a replacement. Any help, ideas and

suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

post-75663-079507500 1450764041_thumb.jpg

Just gained possession of 1948 L7 archtop; it came with a DeArman Guitar Mike pickup.

I am trying to restore both to original condition. The Guitar Mike has a damaged (crack)

in the plastic plug/pin cover, I am in the search for a replacement. Any help, ideas and

suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

post-75663-079507500 1450764041_thumb.jpg

Radio Shack has always been my go-to shop for such things.

https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-1-4-mono-phone-plug-2-pack?variant=5717476101

Personally I would put a new Switchcraft #280 on it and be done (function over form).

But.... if you want to maintain the "vintage" appearance with a phenolic/Bakelite barrel, the period-correct replacement/upgrade is what is known as a "military" plug.

A 1/4" military plug, or military "phone" plug, will have a brown Bakelite barrel over a half-round conical brass sleeve. The brass sleeve keeps the fragile Bakelite from breaking. The ones I prefer affix the barrel with a set-screw through the side, as opposed to the standard twist-on barrels. This type of plug would be period-correct and bullet proof.

Archived