Gibson Brands Forums

Howard Roberts Fusion question

K_redder

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I'll try here first. I have a Howard Roberts Fusion that I have had since I bought it new in 1985, S/N 81976520. Every other HRF that I have seen has the "crown" inlay in the headstock, but mine does not (see pics). Does anyone have any theories as to why the inlay was omitted on this guitar. It's just something that I have been curious about and didn't know if someone on this board might have a clue.

P.S. Yes, the truss rod cover is an aftermarket POS, and the pick guard is removed, and the control knobs are wrong etc, but I've had this for 30 years and some things have been changed.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I'll try here first. I have a Howard Roberts Fusion that I have had since I bought it new in 1985, S/N 81976520. Every other HRF that I have seen has the "crown" inlay in the headstock, but mine does not (see pics). Does anyone have any theories as to why the inlay was omitted on this guitar. It's just something that I have been curious about and didn't know if someone on this board might have a clue.

P.S. Yes, the truss rod cover is an aftermarket POS, and the pick guard is removed, and the control knobs are wrong etc, but I've had this for 30 years and some things have been changed.

....so, I guess the pics didn't work. Maybe someone can tell me what I did wrong. Let's try this:

a>

a>

• 2 years later...

I don´t know if you still interested in your post because its kind a years old... But Izzy Stradlin (Ex Guns n Roses) played a Howard Roberts Fusion 1 to and his doesn't have the crown too.

If my picture upload doesn't work watch the Welcome to the Jungle Video.

/http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/34100000/Izzy-and-Slash-guns-n-roses-34199304-500-312.jpg

Archived