Gibson Brands Forums

2nd Hand ES-335: please help what is the model

Nayton

Hello all,

I recently purchased a second hand ES-335 which I am very pleased with, however I just wanted to find out the model as it was advertised as an "ES-335 DS".

I have searched online for an ES-335 DS but have been unable to find anything similar.

The serial number is 12361703 and model number ESDPAVSNH1.

I checked the serial no. on the GuitarDaterProject and it stated it was produced in Nashville, although I understand some numbers can be ambiguous to the database. The f-hole sticker does state it was made in Memphis.

The neck is rather chunky, so I'm assuming it is not a standard?

The model is written as a "ES-335 DS" on the f-hole sticker, and has the initials KDF at the bottom. Does anyone know what the 'DS' and 'KDF' stands for?

It also came in a 'Gibson Custom' hardcase, with the silk blanket to keep it warm...

This is my first Gibson so please excuse my naivety!

I will upload photos once I find out how to reduce the size!

Any help is much appreciated [smile] .

• 3 months later...

We would need more pics. Especially of the front and back of the headstock and the body. The neck would also help because some came with block inlay or dots. Things like a stoptail or trapeze are important to know. The original case should be pictured, as it can help. The length of the pickguard and position of the switches all aid evaluations.

But your serial number indicates your guitar is a 2011 model. T would indicate a thinline model; D suggests dual pickups or double cutaway. The sticker suggests it was made in Memphis, TN.

The KDF at the bottom of the orange label is the final assembly inspector of that guitar. T for thin line. D for dual pickups. 2011 made on the 236th day and the 703rd one made.

Send an email to Customer.Relations@gibson.com with the S/N & model number. They were very helpful with me about a year ago.

In my case, the code worked out as follows (quoting from the email received from Gibson):

"The code ESDSRDCH1 was used on the Electric Spanish 335 model which had Dot fingerboard inlay, Satin ReD finish, Chrome Hardware. The “1” at the end indicates the instrument was first quality."

Chris

Hello all,

I recently purchased a second hand ES-335 which I am very pleased with, however I just wanted to find out the model as it was advertised as an "ES-335 DS".

I have searched online for an ES-335 DS but have been unable to find anything similar.

The serial number is 12361703 and model number ESDPAVSNH1.

I checked the serial no. on the GuitarDaterProject and it stated it was produced in Nashville, although I understand some numbers can be ambiguous to the database. The f-hole sticker does state it was made in Memphis.

The neck is rather chunky, so I'm assuming it is not a standard?

The model is written as a "ES-335 DS" on the f-hole sticker, and has the initials KDF at the bottom. Does anyone know what the 'DS' and 'KDF' stands for?

It also came in a 'Gibson Custom' hardcase, with the silk blanket to keep it warm...

This is my first Gibson so please excuse my naivety!

I will upload photos once I find out how to reduce the size!

Any help is much appreciated [smile] .

Archived