Gibson Brands Forums

Fender: Bassman 500 / Ampeg: SVT-212AV

MrNylon

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I know what your saying. In 49 Years of playing the bass, this is my first Ampeg tube head I've ever had. I've had a Traynor head in 1969-1970. A couple of Fender Bassman heads along the way. But this V-4B Ampeg kicks the rest for overall tone quality. A good friend of mine in about 1970, had an Acoustic 360/361. That was a Monster on stage, or in the studio. How are you using your Acoustic B100 ?

That Ampeg looks sweet. I would like to get an Ampeg tube head someday. Right now I have an Ampeg PF-800 head and a PF-115HE cab that I've been happy with. I can only imagine how much better that tube head sounds.

That Ampeg looks sweet. I would like to get an Ampeg tube head someday. Right now I have an Ampeg PF-800 head and a PF-115HE cab that I've been happy with. I can only imagine how much better that tube head sounds.

The Ampeg tube heads are for real old school 60's Hard, and Heavy, ROCK & ROLL!

Been playin more bass lately. Want to get a real amp. I think I am going for a Bassman or Bassman clone.

That's of course your call, but I've had them, and dropped them for the Ampeg Tube Head.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived