Gibson Brands Forums

Forvirrat Komplicerat

RobertAndersson

Studio recording of a new song, kind of reggae rock style.

I am using my two Les Pauls with both on rhythm chords and then the LPC for the first solo (really love that 490R sound) and the Signature for the end solo.

Bass is played on my Gretsch.

Swedish lyrics, thinking about some great issues of life, the title would translate to "Confused, complicated".

http://soundcloud.com/brynolfmusic/forvirrat-komplicerat

//Robert

Home recording and studio recording is a fine art, and you seem to have mastered it quite well!

Your mix is pleasing to the ear, and the balance of all the instruments and your vocals are spot-on warm and wonderful.

As for me, I am terrible at it.

My band sounds great live, but the results I get from my home recording rig (archaic Tascam Neo) are barely passable.

[unsure]

Home recording and studio recording is a fine art, and you seem to have mastered it quite well!

Your mix is pleasing to the ear, and the balance of all the instruments and your vocals are spot-on warm and wonderful.

As for me, I am terrible at it.

My band sounds great live, but the results I get from my home recording rig (archaic Tascam Neo) are barely passable.

[unsure]

I bought my gear ten years ago and like all things in life, you become good at anything you spend a lot of time with. You would too if you decide to give it a go.

Nothing wrong with a Tascam, you need some good mics though. I use a separate sequencer software (like Logic or ProTools), a dedicated music computer used only for music, a separate preamp and a pair of active monitors.

//Robert

Archived