Gibson Brands Forums

Martin John Lennon Model

JuanCarlosVejar

Macca and him were given D28's on completion of Sgt Pepper. It was used in India to compose all the White Album stuff. You can see Lennon with it in the promo for Hello Goodbye. He used it through the 70"s too. It's in the Lew Grade Imagine performance from 75 too.

Not my cup of tea...and certainly not in my budget. But I'm always glad to see Martin and other quality guitar makers come up with new products. Only made 75 of these...so don't worry. You guys who don't like them don't have to buy them:)

They sold out the ultra ugly Louvin Bros guitar with the "Satan is Real" graphics on it for $5000 list. I am pretty sure they will sell these without any problems whatsoever.

I have no interest in them but I am sure someone will think they are the greatest. Never been a big one for signature models from any brand. -Jim

"Dah da dah da dah de dah....dah de dah dah dah dah dah....."

"Nothin' you can do that can't be done....."

I"ll have it!!!

Madi/Adi D28 non scalloped with the same MLO PA Taper neck as my D18e and a few visuals - probably a superb playing, sounding unit for belting out "All You Need Is Love" and a host of others including an emotional probably, " Imagine".

Add a few custom touches with a flouro spray....... bright 60s JL or dull 70s JL?

Early Beatles tunes on a J160e and swap for the later Beatles tunes and JL solo to the new baby!

"Helter Skelter"

BluesKing777.

If it wasn't for the pick guard and price, I'd take it.

I was close to pulling the trigger on a Louvin.

I like what Martin does with the special inlays for the signatures.

One look and you know who it is.

IMG_0217_zpsceba44ef.jpg

"Dah da dah da dah de dah....dah de dah dah dah dah dah....."

"Nothin' you can do that can't be done....."

I"ll have it!!!

Madi/Adi D28 non scalloped with the same MLO PA Taper neck as my D18e and a few visuals - probably a superb playing, sounding unit for belting out "All You Need Is Love" and a host of others including an emotional probably, " Imagine".

Add a few custom touches with a flouro spray....... bright 60s JL or dull 70s JL?

Early Beatles tunes on a J160e and swap for the later Beatles tunes and JL solo to the new baby!

"Helter Skelter"

BluesKing777.

BK is back home, and he's found that bottle of rum that went missing for the better part of a year.

BK is back home, and he's found that bottle of rum that went missing for the better part of a year.

Alas, no rum.

Worse, the 5 day test cricket in Sydney is rained out and after some excruciatingly close and exciting games in the last few years, we are set with the feet up to listen to a good dose of summery blah, blah, blah cricket commentary which is the best sleeping pill ever invented and instead..... zip, and the Sydney radar looks bad.

So thoughts turn to Beatles and their various guitars, but alas, that JL model is just a bit out of range if you add 78% to get it here through Customs and Govt.

BluesKing777.

Archived