Gibson Brands Forums

F-Paul Electric Mandolin

tabeck5

I'm going out on a limb here but I say no. As a matter of fact it looks as if they never finished that one. It's missing about 4 stings and tuners.

I think 4 strings would be right.. along the same lines as the fender mandostrat..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't help you on that score, but thanks for posting. I've never seen one of those before, but I wonder how much the pickup affects the natural tone when unplugged? I'd certainly love to try one.

Since this is a solid body instrument, it probably has no natural tone, so the pickup won't really affect anything.

Since this is a solid body instrument, it probably has no natural tone, so the pickup won't really affect anything.

HA, yes...good point! I never looked that closely the first time and assumed it was hollow.

• 9 months later...

4 sting electric mandolins are no fun. They dont sound like mandolins at all. From what I understand (may be wrong), they only made 4 string electrics because tuning machines were poor quality back in the day and you couldn't keep them in tune, which stands out like CRAZY when electric. But to answer your question. MAYBE. After fender's 2014 mandostrat run, I think the market for elec mandos is saturated. They wouldn't release an 8 stringer because no one would buy them (except me!!!!) but a 4 string can appeal to a guitarist a bit more too. So if they do, 4 strings. Btw I own a mandostrat-8 and am constantly wishing it had a humbucker.

Archived