Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

STR8-150 and ST-150 hum issue

#1 User is offline   donhogo 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:31 PM

Hello,

I have a technical problem with the setup of my two turntables (str8-150, st-150). I would like to use the internal preamp to get line output. But as soon as I switch to line the turntables start to hum really loud (no matter what position the grounding switch has).

I currently use the phono output which is much better. It hums as well but it´s not noticeable as long as I don´t crank up the volume of the mixer.

Both turntables are connected to a Native Instruments Z2 mixer which is capable of both phono and line output.

Does anyone has an advice for me? I would really like to use the line output.

Thanks, Holger

#2 User is offline   Alan960 

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:27 PM

I purchased a Stanton ST150HP a couple weeks ago and it has been a nightmare. Both Line and Phono Out hum. I have tried both ground switch settings and grounded phono cables. When I lift the ground via the switch the RCA signal ground is no longer providing a ground cables pick up electrical fields and there is a nasty buzz on top of the hum. If I ground the RCA to the power cord by flipping the switch the cables work fine but I still have a loud hum but no buzz. I have tried changing cartridges and different phono preamps nothing appears to fix the situation. Right now I am using the S/PDIF out and it is noise free but the db out is super low (output volume down at least 50%). I did try to use a Jensen RCA to RCA ISO-Max to address the hum but lost 90% output signal very strange.

#3 User is offline   Steber 

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:47 AM

I'm having the same issue as the original poster. No hum when using the phono output, but when I try to use the preamp line out I get a hum, no matter the position of the ground switch. Anyone have a solution so we can take advantage of the line out features? My mixer is a vestax pmc 05 pro 3.

#4 User is offline   proaudiotech 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:35 PM

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your issues. I believe this is actually a hardware issue if you are sure it is not the cartridge please contact Tech support

For all Customer Service questions : http://www2.gibson.com/Support.aspx

For international parts or warranty outside of the USA you must contact the distributor of that country at this link: http://stantondj.com...wide-sales.html
Please note that this is a fan/enthusiast forum - this is not a customer service forum. If you have a customer service issue, please contact the Customer Service dept. Click here for CS contact information..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users