Gibson Brands Forums

Bacon Recording King Vintage Guitar

RevDavidLee

Found this one today at a local store. I wanted to buy it but the seller says he is waiting to hear back from a buyer for "Keith Richards" to see if he wants to purchase it. I informed him that I'm fairly certain Keef has enough guitars already [cursing] so it may not make it to my brothel. It's estimated to be between a 1948-1950 model and is in excellent condition [drool]

I played it for about an hour as well and it plays wonderfully & sounds delicious. Very earthy, very awesome & comes with the original case. I'm guessing this has sat in someone's closet for many years because of the wonderful condition it's in. I know everyone loves a beautiful vintage arch top so for your viewing pleasure - here's a few photos. [thumbup]

IMG_2957_zpsbkm7jdox.jpg

IMG_3261_zpshjkpgb4s.jpg

IMG_9105_zpskktur01s.jpg

I really hope you manage to land that beauty, Rev! Stunning!

[thumbup]

Pip.

Me too. I didn't even ask how much because it seemed to be a mute point if we're all waiting for one of Keef's buyers to show him photos to see if he wants it.

I told John to let me know what the outcome is as soon as he knows. I'm not getting into any bidding wars with Keith Richards I can tell you that [scared]

I'm guessing he has A LOT more money than I do. :angry:

[wink]

Me too. I didn't even ask how much because it seemed to be a mute point if we're all waiting for one of Keef's buyers to show him photos to see if he wants it.

I told John to let me know what the outcome is as soon as he knows. I'm not getting into any bidding wars with Keith Richards I can tell you that [scared]

I'm guessing he has A LOT more money than I do. :angry:

[wink]

Aww come on now Rev, you know you want it...and Keef isnt going to use it to its full potential....you just know he's gonna take one string off it and through it away [lol]

Found this one today at a local store. I wanted to buy it but the seller says he is waiting to hear back from a buyer for "Keith Richards" to see if he wants to purchase it. I informed him that I'm fairly certain Keef has enough guitars already [cursing] so it may not make it to my brothel. It's estimated to be between a 1948-1950 model and is in excellent condition [drool]

I played it for about an hour as well and it plays wonderfully & sounds delicious. Very earthy, very awesome & comes with the original case. I'm guessing this has sat in someone's closet for many years because of the wonderful condition it's in. I know everyone loves a beautiful vintage arch top so for your viewing pleasure - here's a few photos. [thumbup]

Its even better than this model

FBRJTQMGNBEUZKH.LARGE.jpg

The seller. Would he by any chance be Paul Crasher? ;)

Seriously. It is a gorgeous looking archtop.

I wish I was posting to say I got it as well but no movement yet [crying]

I did text the seller last night and asked "well, any news yet? and how long are you going to wait to hear back from the potential buyer?" And I also asked "how much is this guitar going to sell for if he takes a pass on it?"

John replied "more than a little but not more than alot" and did not address a time frame regarding a sale. [cursing] I know he wants bragging rights that he sold a guitar to Keith Richards, and that he's probably counting on getting top dollar if Keith's buyer does purchase it - but the facts are:

1. I won't pay what may be considered "top dollar" and John knows that, and..

2. I ain't no Keith Richards [biggrin]

Is that a cake?

I don't know who Paul Crasher is [confused]

The seller's name is John [wink]

I honestly dont know. It could be a cake. I though it was just pork rashers adorning a flat top.

sorry for my poor joke 'PaulC rasher' :-#

Probably makes more sense with an English accent.

Good luck with that guitar man. Here's hoping you bring home the bacon!

Well this acquisition process just ended. John texted me and said it could be purchased for $2300 + $138 tax and as pretty as she is - it's not worth near that much to me. Glad I got to see it and play it but I'm not laying out that much cash for this one. It's only January folks - got a whole year ahead so I'll be keeping my powder dry for now. :)

Archived