Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2.51 - SCS.4DJ

#1 User is offline   Silly Bark 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:49 PM

Hello,

I saw that Deckadance released a new version. I downloaded the Mac version last week. It was 2.51. Yet, I was getting DRM messages and other errors.

So, I thought, let me redownload and reinstall. This time is downloaded 2.43 from the Stanton website.

And in 2.43, the MIDI doesn't have a prepopulated mapping for the SCS.4DJ like 2.51 did.

I suspect that the development team has found some bugs in 2.51 and Stanton pulled it from download... maybe a beta program is in order. I can help.

Is this the case? was 2.51 pulled? and if so, when do you think a version that includes the MIDI for the Stanton SCS.4DJ controller will be available.

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostSilly Bark, on 08 January 2016 - 08:49 PM, said:

...I was getting DRM messages and other errors

If some of your songs are DRM protected then we cannot do anything to play them. Take into account that if the song filepath is not correct (...they are displayed in red in the playlist) then you are going to receive the same message.

Silly Bark said:

So, I thought, let me redownload and reinstall. This time is downloaded 2.43 from the Stanton website. And in 2.43, the MIDI doesn't have a prepopulated mapping for the SCS.4DJ like 2.51 did.

SCS.4DJ is supported since DD version 2.50. A workaround if you want to use 2.43 is to copy the SCS4DJ MIDI script file from version 2.51 to 2.43 installation path.

Silly Bark said:

I suspect that the development team has found some bugs in 2.51 and Stanton pulled it from download... maybe a beta program is in order. I can help.
Is this the case? was 2.51 pulled? and if so, when do you think a version that includes the MIDI for the Stanton SCS.4DJ controller will be available.

I don't understand this... 2.51 hasn't been pulled from the StantonDj website.

#3 User is offline   Silly Bark 

• Group: Members

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 11 January 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

If some of your songs are DRM protected then we cannot do anything to play them. Take into account that if the song filepath is not correct (...they are displayed in red in the playlist) then you are going to receive the same message.

SCS.4DJ is supported since DD version 2.50. A workaround if you want to use 2.43 is to copy the SCS4DJ MIDI script file from version 2.51 to 2.43 installation path.

I don't understand this... 2.51 hasn't been pulled from the StantonDj website.

Regarding the DRM/File location, the iTunes tree is viewable with all my songs and playlists. I'm able to play them in iTunes, Traktor, and others. My guess is that it thinks that there is a different file location, but I don't see how/where to check what is seeing or how to change the path. I even tried to reset the iTunes.xml in Preferences, but no luck resolving.

If I simply use the File Explorer and browse to my iTune Media folder and Load it into a Deck, it plays fine.

UPDATE: Then I changed it to an old Library. Open DD2, change back to original iTunes Library. Close DD2, reopen, now it works. No DRM or File location issues. But a bit odd

I have the SCS.4DJ working now. When I saw the Deckadance website, I forgot that Stanton is now repping it... they're website only has 2.43. I bounce back to Stanton to get 2.51 again. Whoops.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users