Gibson Brands Forums

New guy with a new paul !!!!!

DaddyO

Hello everyone =P~ New guy here. Just wanted to spread the word about my new pride and joy............ Just scored myself an ebony 2000 les paul standard in mint shape #-o She is an absolute killer, plays like butter an sounds like the sky opened up and rained down a heavenly choir #-o This is one heavy guitar just about 11 lbs. but i gotta tell you i'll sacrifice my back for the sound. I really feel the weight gives this guitar that punch i've been looking for but havn't been able to find in the newer pauls [-(

Maybe i just got lucky, it's about time. I've been thru alot of pauls and was about to give up on them......really glad i didn't !

Anyway it's great to be aboard, i'll talk to you all soon!......... i'll try to get up some pics

11 pounds? Man that things a porker! I had an older L.P. Studio weighed a ton like that, definately one of the heavier guitars I've had the pleasure of playing/owning. Good thing my back wasn't outta whack like it is now, that worried me when I got my Goldtop, krikes compared to the studio, I can twirl it on my fingertip, it's a chambered 2007 Classic. Anyway, welcome aboard!

Hello everyone =P~ New guy here. Just wanted to spread the word about my new pride and joy............ Just scored myself an ebony 2000 les paul standard in mint shape =D> She is an absolute killer' date=' plays like butter an sounds like the sky opened up and rained down a heavenly choir [-o< This is one heavy guitar just about 11 lbs. but i gotta tell you i'll sacrifice my back for the sound. I really feel the weight gives this guitar that punch i've been looking for but havn't been able to find in the newer pauls [-(

Maybe i just got lucky, it's about time. I've been thru alot of pauls and was about to give up on them......really glad i didn't !

Anyway it's great to be aboard, i'll talk to you all soon!......... i'll try to get up some pics

Have you actually weighed it? 11lbs seems a bit heavy for a standard. Most of the standards 2006 and older (before they started chambering in 2007) weighed just over or just under 9lbs from what I understand.

Have you actually weighed it? 11lbs seems a bit heavy for a standard. Most of the standards 2006 and older (before they started chambering in 2007) weighed just over or just under 9lbs from what I understand.

Attention weight correction update......... just ran over to my bro's house' date=' he's got one of them digital scale's. She weights in a 10lbs. on the nose..... my back just breathed a sigh of relieve.....[/quote']

Archived