Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 2008 GOTM Explorer Batter question

lostboy

So I bought the Gibson Explorer shredder and was very happy with it. The only question I have is how do I change the battery as it has the compartment on the back rather taking the plate off.

I've never had a guitar like this with the compartment and need some advice on how to change the battery. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

So I bought the Gibson Explorer shredder and was very happy with it. The only question I have is how do I change the battery as it has the compartment on the back rather taking the plate off.

I've never had a guitar like this with the compartment and need some advice on how to change the battery. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Doesn't it have a little battery door on the back cover? should be a little clip on one end you pinch to open the door and the battery should be right there, un clip and swap. little door should just push closed with a little click.

if you dont have a battery door, just take the screws out of the back cover, pop it off and the battery should be there on some type of clip.

Hope that helps.

Doesn't it have a little battery door on the back cover? should be a little clip on one end you pinch to open the door and the battery should be right there, un clip and swap. little door should just push closed with a little click.

if you dont have a battery door, just take the screws out of the back cover, pop it off and the battery should be there on some type of clip.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

I can open the compartment door and see the battery inside but I can't figure out how to get it out. I don't want to force it as it might break.

Thanks

I can open the compartment door and see the battery inside but I can't figure out how to get it out. I don't want to force it as it might break.

That being the case (I dont have one of these guitars) I would open things up flip it over and give it a gentle shake and see if it dont drop out. Failing that I would again gently (and perhaps place a soft cloth on the guitar) take a small screw driver and try and pry up and end of the battery.

It should be a tight fit so it doesnt rattle around on you, but it shouldnt be so tight as to not come out.

Good luck

Johnny

Thanks

Hi, you can lift the left side of the latch that secures the battery. I've attached a picture to help. Good luck.post-72564-028116100 1453584587_thumb.jpg

Archived