Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are You guys making SCS-4DJ - 2?

#1 User is offline   v1r00z 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:37 AM

Hi!
I want to ask if You are making or planning to make a bigger and faster version of our great SCS-4DJ?
I think many people are waiting for something new, especially that Pioneer already make its XJD-RX with one screen like in SCS (but for $1500).
Still waiting for any news ;)

#2 User is offline   Antidote 

• LocationGreece

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:53 AM

There is also the new Denon DJ MCX-8000 with two screens, 4-channel and price around $1299 but it's big and heavy as I can see.
I would like to know if Stanton will give us something cheaper than that.

#3 User is offline   v1r00z 

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:00 AM

I think we have what we wanted: Gemini SDJ-2000
https://www.youtube....h?v=N1n4M2efEdY
Sad that it's not from stanton...
Hope You guys are working on something like this and You will show it soon ;)

#4 User is offline   Ettore 

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:51 AM

Yes, very cool!!!

#5 User is offline   Luc van Vliet 

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:38 PM

I think when Stanton doesn't got an mk 2 in the stores in half a year, they're out of the competition.
But.. they didn't buy Deckadance just for fun (we hope).. So take one of those new great cheap CPU boards (Arduno/Rasberry/Pine 64 or CPU's like snapdragon 800 or Intel Atom Z 3580)
Put in 2 and a 4 channel case with little higher/sturdy quality knobs, switches and faders et voila!

#6 User is offline   Ettore 

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:38 AM

I bought SCS 4DJ few months ago and is already out update? I thought Stanton was more serious and reliable .....

#7 User is offline   Djrobbie 

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

I bought the SCS4DJ 3 years ago.

I like the unit but it's not really up to life on the road as a mobile DJ.Stanton needed to upgrade it and take it further, and they are lagging behind. On the plus side, I think it remains the only all in one controller that has keyboard options.

I bought a Pioneer XDJ-RX which is a superior unit

#8 User is offline   Luc van Vliet 

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:53 AM

And Gemini is also on this 'all in one' band wagon:
http://djworx.com/na...000-controller/

#9 User is offline   Djrobbie 

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:48 AM

I'm surprised that Stanton haven't updated this controller or announced an upgrade. I now use it as a back-up to my Pioneer XDJ-RX

#10 User is offline   Ettore 

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:47 AM

I am surprised too

#11 User is offline   actdj 

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:26 PM

I am also ready for a new deck, I have been emailing Stanton for an update but I don't get any advice on an updated sCS4DJ, I am now waiting for the Gemini SDJ-2000 to be released, I have only seen pictures but it looks like everything that I'm looking for , especially the bigger screen, I think everyone who uses the SCS4DJ should keep hassling Stanton for some news on a new SCS4DJ , either they are or they aren't releasing a new updated model, if they do hopefully it will have all the improvements that everyone on this forum has been asking for.

#12 User is offline   Djrobbie 

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:02 PM

It's been 2 years since the last firmeware update, and nothing further from Stanton. 5 years on, it's still a good unit but doesn't cut it compared to Denon and Pioneer and shortly Gemini

#13 User is offline   actdj 

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:12 PM

Oh well Stanton.,, due to lack of anything from you, you have lost a loyal customer, I was prepared to purchase a updated Stanton controller but sick of waiting for reply's, I have just purchased the Numark IDJ Pro, with ipad , I love it.

#14 User is offline   oblivionboy 

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:00 AM

Wow! Almost every single one of you guys on this forum seem to have nothing but hate for this unit. For $300 I can't imagine how much its cost per unit in customer support -- essentially erasing its margins. I'm not sure why any of you would think they are working on a version 2 -- just to repeat their experience of having you guys hate the next version. I believe in one thread on this forum recently some user suggested a "class action lawsuit" for the device. Get a life guys -- its $300.

I love it, and use it for what it is. A cool box I can lug out to events and play without hassle. And its fun.

The irony is for $200 you can buy a comparable controller ( in functionality -- mind you with audio), and as everyone expects it to be out of date in six months, when it actually IS out of date no one will care. You'll just buy a new one.

.o.

#15 User is offline   Djrobbie 

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

The unit has been around for the best party of 5 years now, and compared to Pioneer and Denon it's very outdated. It was cutting edge at the time.

The processor is slow, there is no balanced out puts, no mic EQ, the units suffers from interference, the plastic casing isn't durable, no 2nd mic input. It takes some time to load up the tracks from USB inputs too. Windows 10 isn't supported either.

On the plus side, it's good value, compact, the software issues were sorted in the final release and it does have keyboard search which is a massive plus and also the excellent internal storage.I never really felt it was up to mobile disco use, even flight cased and personally use it as a back-up unit or for childrens parties.

Stanton should have continued with the idea and updated it.

#16 User is offline   v1r00z 

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:07 AM

I'm still waiting... I know it's hopeless but I am...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users