Gibson Brands Forums

TonePros locking studs

Hello all! I have a 2004 Les Paul Jr. Love it much. Bought it new. Through the years, it has developed a 'lean' of the lightening-bolt compensated bridge that made the high E string not laying on the saddle properly. This is possibly the result of me having to adjust the screw out quite a bit for intonation.....and possibly the stud bushing not being properly aligned from the factory.

At any rate, I ordered a set of TonePros locking studs http://www.tonepros.com/studs/. They really did do the trick. Leveled out the bridge so that the E string made contact with the saddle. I believe that the solidarity of post to the bridge has given a bit more solidity and sustain to the overall tone of the guitar.

I bought them from an Ebayer for $27. They came with bushings(which were not needed). Anyone else tried these...or opinions?

Had to buy a new TOM after a screw head just fell off while intonating the stock bridge (without tension on string/saddle).

Didn't find saddle screws to buy so I decided to buy a new bridge.

All I knew was that I did't wan't to buy another original bridge.

After some research I found Tonepros, ordered one and been really satisfied since then.

When I bought my second one I knew I would quickly replace the hardware with one from Tonepros.

About sustain or changes in tone, well I don't know, they sounded bloody good with stock and with TP hardware they still do.

Works for me.

I like to take off all the strings when I change them, and like that I don't have to be carefull that something falls off and damages the finish.

And once intonated I don't have to do it again after string changes because everything stays on his place.

Also I have no more string breakage at the bridge, happened with the first one every now and then on the G-string.

I guess the saddle was poorly notched.

Really great product's, it's a shame the had to discontinue the Tonepros Kluson tuners, have them stock on both my Gibsons and like them very much.

Had to buy a new TOM after a screw head just fell off while intonating the stock bridge (without tension on string/saddle).

Didn't find saddle screws to buy so I decided to buy a new bridge.

All I knew was that I did't wan't to buy another original bridge.

After some research I found Tonepros, ordered one and been really satisfied since then.

When I bought my second one I knew I would quickly replace the hardware with one from Tonepros.

About sustain or changes in tone, well I don't know, they sounded bloody good with stock and with TP hardware they still do.

Works for me.

I like to take off all the strings when I change them, and like that I don't have to be carefull that something falls off and damages the finish.

And once intonated I don't have to do it again after string changes because everything stays on his place.

Also I have no more string breakage at the bridge, happened with the first one every now and then on the G-string.

I guess the saddle was poorly notched.

Really great product's, it's a shame the had to discontinue the Tonepros Kluson tuners, have them stock on both my Gibsons and like them very much.

I am with you, on string changes! Fixed is fixed. It was always a monkey screw before.....not trying to change the setting of the bridge! I like to take all the strings off and clean the Fboard also.

Archived