Gibson Brands Forums

fishman sonitone battery bag

Dodger11

Big gig coming up Dodger?

I had the same question when I got the AJ-45, different pickup same basic problem. If it dies mid gig (not that I gig regularly) then basically you're screwed.

I'm looking to pick up an acoustic amp when I get home in a week or so and a couple of weeks ago I googled this very question. It has been discussed in quite a few places, including the Gibson acoustic forum and the consensus seemed to be - change the battery, or in my case batteries, when you change strings. Obviously there are lots of variables to take into account, how much do you use the battery, how often do you change the strings, what are the average amount of hours you get from a battery etc. I do remember someone suggested investing in an accurate battery tester which would tell you precisely how much juice is left before you put the new strings on.

So the bottom line is that there's no ideal solution - but that's the trade-off between having everything inside the soundhole and cutting extra holes in the body.

Big gig coming up Dodger?

I had the same question when I got the AJ-45, different pickup same basic problem. If it dies mid gig (not that I gig regularly) then basically you're screwed.

I'm looking to pick up an acoustic amp when I get home in a week or so and a couple of weeks ago I googled this very question. It has been discussed in quite a few places, including the Gibson acoustic forum and the consensus seemed to be - change the battery, or in my case batteries, when you change strings. Obviously there are lots of variables to take into account, how much do you use the battery, how often do you change the strings, what are the average amount of hours you get from a battery etc. I do remember someone suggested investing in an accurate battery tester which would tell you precisely how much juice is left before you put the new strings on.

So the bottom line is that there's no ideal solution - but that's the trade-off between having everything inside the soundhole and cutting extra holes in the body.

may tentatively dip my toe into performing with another fella who's already out there (although he's a good bit younger so it may look like a father/son thing!). Not sure yet. Apparently the battery gives about 90 hours so I suppose during string changes would be about right. It's great having everything tucking into the guitar though, controls included.

I always change my pickup batteries before a gig. I also always have a separate mic for my guitar set up...just in case. The most unexpected things can often happen at live gigs and its best to cover the trail for the potentially debilitating ones. (Always carry extra batteries. Too.)

Archived