Gibson Brands Forums

New Les Paul Studio

pappy

Received this just five days ago and having a ball with this one. It plays easy and the sound is great. Spent three months going back and forth between Es and this. Finally went with the Hot Rod and very glad that I did.post-64856-061343100 1453425258_thumb.jpg

Sweet looking slab of goodness you got there

Thank you, having a ball with this one.I have a fender 1954 reissue and this in my estimation outperforms the strat,for on third the price. I would never have believed it if someone had said that to me . But there is a major difference.Don't get me wrong the strat is fun and I do enjoy playing it also. Just doesn't quite measure up to the gibby.

Geez Pappy i have the same guitar and also had trouble making the decision between it and a ES339.Our pictures are also close looking except mine is on a couch and the reflection is different.At first I didnt like the neck in mine I thought it was to wide but turns out it's a 59 rounded so it's a bit more of a round profile but still as wide as a 59 style. I dig mine too it rocks hard with the ceramic pu's and it's as wide as a STD. Mine weighs 10 lbs I got to choose my weight from American Music whats yours weigh i at.

46c4793b-6e66-4cc9-bf8e-55433f98a1b8_zpsec476f93.jpg

Mine also weighs in at 10Lbs., and the more i play it the more I realize that I had made the right decision. I could not be happier with this decision,and now I have to keep my sons away from it. They have their own guitars,but want to use mine. So when they come over I have to hide the new one. If it is going to get a mark on it ,I want to be the one to do it ,that way I won't be to upset if they scuff it at a later date.

I always keep my guitars in good shape and whipe them down when I'm done playing and always put it back in it's case but iv'e been downright anal retentive about keeping this one without a mark on it. I still play the hell out of it and hardly touch my PRS Santana much anymore.to me it's had to call it a studio being as wide as a std,it;s as close to an old school classic as it could get,without the fret markers.

So, what's the best one?

the best one is the one YOU like the best. each model has characteristics that make it slightly different than the other. some people like chocolate ice cream, some like strawberry. for me, i chose a 2014 studio pro because at that time, it was the guitar which had the most desirable (to me) features. today's studios are very similar but with different (ones i personally don't like as much) pickups.

but the guy above or below me might call bs on that, and feel that the new ones are better. he wouldn't necessarily be wrong. just having different preference. no matter which studio you might pick, you're going to get a great guitar. that said, i recommend that you buy used. let someone else take the initial hit, and avoid sales tax too. the key is patience. if you continually research and try out different ones, the right guitar will eventually find you. understand?

if you'll forgive me for getting slightly philosophical, i will offer you a truth i feel is important. often times, we will find that the journey is sweeter than the destination.

Archived