Gibson Brands Forums

2002 ES 137

MichaelDH

Decided to buy this from a friend of mine, 2002 ES 137 Premier, plays and sounds great, however I've been looking online and not seeing a lot of info on them as far as body material, pick ups, etc. It's all stock as far as I know. Anyone have the specs on these?

IMG_0186_zpsgbsz83ap.jpg

Your awesome Gibson features a figured maple/poplar laminate top/back, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, featuring pearloid trapezoidal fret markers, and a Premier P at the 12 fret.

It's roughly the same design as the ES-135, with the addition of a mahogany center block to reduce feedback and enhance sustain.

P-90 single coils were the standard, though some (like yours) featured naked '57 Classic humbuckers.

Yours is a finish called Metallic Blue.

Worth $2,000 in that condition.

I would kill to have such a beautiful Gibson.

[crying]

Thanks for the info, just wasn't finding much on it for some reason.

It's far from pristine, has some blemishes and nicks, definitely seen a lot of play time, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Kind of surprised that no one before me has ever used the combo lock on the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to buy this from a friend of mine, 2002 ES 137 Premier, plays and sounds great, however I've been looking online and not seeing a lot of info on them as far as body material, pick ups, etc. It's all stock as far as I know. Anyone have the specs on these?

IMG_0186_zpsgbsz83ap.jpg

I believe that is a 135, not a 137. The 137 is from the custom shop and has a 5th knob that selects a tone curve. There is some difference in the wood as most 137 are not a solid paint, but two tone. I have the 137 Custom but looked hard at the 135 as both are very nice guitars

I believe that is a 135, not a 137. The 137 is from the custom shop and has a 5th knob that selects a tone curve. There is some difference in the wood as most 137 are not a solid paint, but two tone. I have the 137 Custom but looked hard at the 135 as both are very nice guitars

Actually, it is indeed an ES-137P ('02-'05).

Used value: $850-$1050 (2015 VG Price Guide).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived