Gibson Brands Forums

How many 330L guitars did Gibson make

Blazorge

Hello!

From what I understand, Gibson made a limited run of a guitar they called the 330L from 2008 through 2011 which was basically a fully hollow 335 with P90s and other refinements.

I believe that they only sold this model through Musicians Friend.

(Of course I'm not talking about the current version they have out now with humbuckers and a Bigsby)

I am wondering just how many 330L guitars were made in total by the Gibson Custom Shop.

Any ideas or corrections to my facts are most welcome.

Thanks~

I have a 2010 ES-330L in Beale St Blue.

These carry a Custom Shop number, CS logo on the back of the neck, and came with a COA. They have a long neck-tenon (to add stability to the neck joint), block fret markers, abr-1 bridge, and a trapeze tailpiece. Original colors were sunburst, red, & blue. A natural finish version was added late in the run.

Honestly can't tell you how many were made. It might be that customer service could get that information.

What I can tell you is that it's a sweet guitar. These came with the 60/30 neck, and it's probably my all time favorite for playability. Additionally, the long-neck hollow-body with P-90s is a unique combination, and I find it tonally to be very satisfying (playing clean 100% of the time).

It was indeed a limited run, so they're well worth a test spin if you happen to come across one.

Archived