Gibson Brands Forums

Unathorized Sherry?

bbosla

Hi guys~! Nice to meet you first.

I've became new kids here since I got beautiful used sherry!

I was able to get it around $340 since it doesn't have Certification.(Do you call it illegitimate ? :)

Anyway, Mine is Un-sung, Korea made. 2011.

And I tried to figure out how this guitar became illegi..

I've called the Un-sung factory(since I'm korean), they said it seems like they've made it, but not sure for legitimate. That means this guitar was released abnormal way.

Maybe it could be proto type, not for sale, but came in the market by someone's hand.

Also, it could have some minor defects before selling it, so illegitimately sold to someone at cheap price.

Or.. simply lost it's Certification..

What do you think?

post-76600-091391300 1454162288_thumb.jpeg

post-76600-090026400 1454162346_thumb.jpeg

bbosia,

Could you post a photo of the guitar?

That would help a lot.

Thanks, and (not that it matters) I had bulgogi and kimchi yesterday at dinner.

[tongue]

Thanks Sparquelito! I've attached file. I've also tried serial at guitardaterproject, however I know it's just data..

So.. what I should do might be believe Forum's opinion~

It is certainly a beautiful guitar. That serial number would put it made at Unsung in may of 2011. It is interesting because most Sheraton production would have been switched to China then, but I'm sure a few were still made there. Broadway hollow body is still made there. Best thing to do would be to email the number and pictures to Epiphone customer service. It looks like a great guitar. I love Sheratons best guitar in the Epiphone line to me.

Nice guitar, bbosia, everything looks fine from here. Congrats on your pretty Epiphone. [thumbup] She looks great! [love]

I used to play classical guitar before, and I'm trying little bit of electric one recently.

There's some atmosphere that care about legi more than it's sound in Korea.. Wish that trend goes away.

And I'm really glad that there are nice guitar forum like this.

Thanks to kind answer of Sparquelito, capmaster, robinThehood and burchester!

Archived