Gibson Brands Forums

Custom shop production numbers

Vinlander

I was wondering if the actual production numbers on Gibson Custom Shop Archtops are known to the public since 1994 like what we can easily find for the late 50s and 60s guitars.

More particularly, I am interested in the number of Tal Farlow Reissue produced per year, or have at least an idea if someone is in the secrets...

Don't know if Gibson have or would disclose such information, I actually asked the customer service to know if they could provide some hint but have not yet got any answer.

All that is obviously purely out of curiosity.

I was wondering if the actual production numbers on Gibson Custom Shop Archtops are known to the public since 1994 like what we can easily find for the late 50s and 60s guitars.

More particularly, I am interested in the number of Tal Farlow Reissue produced per year, or have at least an idea if someone is in the secrets...

Don't know if Gibson have or would disclose such information, I actually asked the customer service to know if they could provide some hint but have not yet got any answer.

All that is obviously purely out of curiosity.

In general, production totals for most models (including the Tal Farlow) are not released.

They will not release production numbers except on rare occasions of a special run. Even the numbers you see from the 50's & 60's are not 100% accurate. Many reasons, good and bad, for this policy. I bet, as only a guess, the number of Tal Farlow reissues are very low.

Archived