Gibson Brands Forums

ULTRA lll and USB issues

brotherjake

As an enthusiastic new owner of a ultra 3 Les Paul, I couldn't wait to connect the usb cable to my imac or macbook and start to play with guitar rig just downloaded and registered.

But now comes the surprise: no matter what I do, which one usb port I may use, both Macs doesn't recognize the new usb hardware.

The small leds on the guitar tuner lits on as I plug the cable in but...nothing happens.

I did not tried on PC based machines yet but...I do want to use iOS.

Any idea?

thanks to you all.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I would just like to mention that I too had the same problem you describe where nothing happened when I plugged my Ultra III into the computer. The computer acted like I never plugged anything in, and the device never showed up in my ASIO configuration. I have a Macbook Pro that I run Windows on, but I tried it on the Mac side too, and it showed the same behavior. It also showed the same behavior on my old HP computer, so I dealt with this problem for about 4 years total.

Recently, I was determined to fix the problem. After emailing Gibson service (service@gibson.com), I was able to get them to send me a spare USB PCB board, and after about a 20 minute installation, and a 5 minute set up on the computer, I had the USB functionality fully working. One thing that I noticed was that I was able to see it as a microphone input in Windows right away with the new board, which was something I never saw with the old board. Hope this information helps.

Archived