Gibson Brands Forums

j-180 ec special??????

Hello, can someone please help me find out if this is a limited issue model? Can't find much info on it? It is a 2006 model. Is it really a Gibson? I have the serial# of 01386033 which tells me that this was made May 18, 2006 at the Bozemon Montana factory and was the 33rd. I am concerned that there is no information on this model available on the Gibson site ?

Please help !!!

post-76708-045183900 1454364974_thumb.jpg

seems the forumites can't offer any concrete advice, I am not familiar with this either and the photo is no where near detailed enough nor are there enough photos in general to call out a fake.

In this case, I'd call customer service.

And a link to an older post on MF; can't buy one, but contains the basics and some reviews.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-j-180ec-special-acoustic-electric-guitar/517175

Thanks for the info guys,

I went to see it last evening and decided against it. I'm quite sure it was legit, but it was actually quite shoddy workmanship for a Gibson. The nut was lifting from the neck on one side and one of the machine heads was actually a bit crooked. When I played it it sounded dull with no ring whatsoever ! When it comes to hit and miss this one missed.

btw... not that I like enabling people's GAS afflictions, ..

but..

there's a real nice J45 and a "just as nice" humming bird in the Trading Post right now

the J45 price is hard to beat!

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/forum/71-the-trading-post/

Just Checked out the J-45. Its a beautiful beast, but its also in the US and us Canadians would have to add approximately $1500.00 on to that selling price just to cover exchange, shipping and duties.

Archived