Gibson Brands Forums

LP studio Hot Rod

buliwyf

I must be the only nne who has one, I havent seen anything about this LP seems to be a secret. I love it! It plays rock and metal easily with the 500t and 496 ceramic pickups.they used to put these pickups in the LP classsic and the explorer and V.For a studio it's as wide as a STD and weighs 10 pounds a good weight for a LP. OK so it's different looking but thats what I wanted something different,so anybody have one or has played one.

46c4793b-6e66-4cc9-bf8e-55433f98a1b8_zpsec476f93.jpg

154070154070-140109681-8-Small_zps156e386b.jpg

The fretmarkers are not a problem I always have the dots on the side of the neck so any crownmarkers or blocks like other LP's would be just cosmetic so to me it was just different.Pappy on the forum has a hot rod and he really digs his.It's funny his posted picture looks like the one I posted and like me he couldnt deceide on a ES339 or a LP and I know we both made the right decision, this thing is a monster plus i like how different it is. I think being as wide as a std not thinner like a normal studio helps with a deeper tone. One of the reasons i dig LP's is the mahogany body and maple top and the more wood the more resonance but at 10 lb's mine is just dam heavy.

Archived