Gibson Brands Forums

Help with getting details on a custom LP

Kwang

Hello guys. While in London 4 months ago, I visited a guitar shop. I picked up a Gibson custom 54 Les Paul in TV yellow. It has the aged finish. The sales person said that it was a one-off LP that Gibson made for their shop. He showed me a picture that Gibson had featured on their site. I paid a high price for it. I was just curious if any of you guys knew if I could get the true factual info on this Les Paul? It is not that I do not trust the store (sounds amazing). But just for my own records, I would like to hear from the horses mouth. I was drawn to it due to it being a one-off LP. Please correct me but I know they build one-offs for their artists, but not for general sales. They make R-series LP's but more than one. So any help would be appreciated.

I will post pics once I get off my couch and head over to my apt and take a pic of her.

That was next on the list to try. Just not sure how helpful they will be as they have hundreds of Gibson fans. I am sure they sell tons of LP's.

Please bare with me as I figure out how to upload more pics as I am maxed out.

Very cool, and very interesting LP.

Not sure what you might want to know about it. Lots of shops can and do order "one off" Gibsons. There might not be anything to tell other than what the guitar itself will tell you.

I guess I'm just curious what questions you might have, or what it is you want to find out.

Hello!

It's a R4 in TV Yellow. I remember, that I saw one of these on Gibson Custom's FB timeline.

Cheers... Bence

That is awesome you remembered. I forgot where they had it listed.

Thank you.

Gibson Custom will do special runs for their dealers like Guitar Center and Sweetwater. I picked up a LP Custom when they did a small limited run for Sweetwater back in 2013. So, it may be possible.

Contacting Gibson will be your best bet.

That is a really cool Lester. I would like one that wasn't worn out though. I like putting my own relic marks on them though. Still, pretty tasteful relic job though. Sweet guitar! I wouldn't mind owning that entire rack!

Archived