Gibson Brands Forums

Talking Heads Gone!!

Aster1

Iowa is done now with Phase 1.

Well, I made it thru another Election Caucus. The phone call ad were overwhelming this time. Also, all the media crawling around too. Lordy, I wish the USA just had the entire country vote the same day in a primary election. Then candidates have 3 months to campaign for the general election. Little radio/TV ads & more debates. Cut the cash out of this horse for the media and allow us to hear what people will do, not this said about that in ads. [cursing]

Won't happen, but I can dream. Hope the field gets cut to 2 in each party, already happened in the Dems side.

Aster

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I caucused and am a county convention delegate for the 2nd time since 2008. I'm also on the Platform committee for my party so I'll be giving my input on what that should look like as well. I figure gives me a license to complain incessantly since I bothered to get involved. [smile]

It's New Hampshire's problem now. Thank goodness :-"

Voting is the same as not voting.

rct

Not always.

Four weeks after my son had come of age, the municipal elections took place here in 2014. It was the first time he had the right to vote, and I convinced him it was important. The Mayor of our municipality was reelected with a result of 1376:1374 votes. My son and me had voted for her.

Given we hadn't voted at all, it would have been quits, and the Mayor would have been drawn by lot! [scared] I'm not kidding, this is electoral law.

Not always.

Four weeks after my son had come of age, the municipal elections took place here in 2014. It was the first time he had the right to vote. The Major of our municipality was reelected with a result of 1376:1374 votes. My son and me had voted for her. Given we hadn't voted at all, the Major would have been drawn by lot! [scared] I'm not kidding, this is electoral law.

And after the voting and white knuckled tense counting and the OMG LOOK HOW CLOSE IT WAS!!! the same stuff happens.

rct

I am disgusted by the whole circus.. I'm not even sure I'll vote..

who do I vote for? they're all clowns.

I'm voting for Rand Paul in the primary and Gary Johnson in the general.

I'm not sure how anyone who plans on voting could not know who they are voting for at this point. :-k

I'm presuming everyone knows, outside of some thinking it was a music group[biggrin], that the "talk'n heads" I was referring to is the Dush-Bag (sp.) media types right?

They are the ones that I really have no respect for with trying to create news and steering people to think the way the media wants them to, instead of just reporting NEWS. [thumbdn][cursing]

Aster

Archived