Gibson Brands Forums

Spirit GT parts - rubber band, string adapter

mrspyderman

Wow, I haven't thought about this forum in ages. Did a search a couple weeks ago and found this. Totally forgot I was even a member here.

It's been a while since I been on the forum. Musicians Friend are now selling Spirit GTs for $399. How are the new Steinberger Spirit GTs they sell? Are they better built than the ones Music Yo used to sell? Opinions? I think I bought mine for $249 or maybe $199 from Music Yo. Even Sweetwater has some Steinbergers and expensive strings.

My question is: Does anybody know where I can get the Spirit GT rubber bands? Someone said Headlessusa.com but those look like they would fit an older Steinberger and not the Spirit GT. Speaking of headlessusa.com I see they're selling a string adapter (black metal, curved back) that looks like it takes the place of the string holder of the Spirit GT I have now so it can use double balls or regular strings. Has anybody here bought this adapter? What do you think of it?

Thanks.

Wow, I haven't thought about this forum in ages. Did a search a couple weeks ago and found this. Totally forgot I was even a member here.

Well, this isn't a lively place… most Steinberger players are elsewhere (Steinberger World, FB group).

My question is: Does anybody know where I can get the Spirit GT rubber bands? Someone said Headlessusa.com but those look like they would fit an older Steinberger and not the Spirit GT.

For installing the rubber band you'll need to detach the headpiece, both the old ones on classic USA instruments and the new ones on Music Yo (Moses) and Spirit necks. The rubber band just goes around the headpiece, not the complete neck. So yes, the rubber bands headlessusa sells will fit.

I see they're selling a string adapter (black metal, curved back) that looks like it takes the place of the string holder of the Spirit GT I have now so it can use double balls or regular strings. Has anybody here bought this adapter? What do you think of it?

That's the JCustom combined headpiece, not an adapter, but - as you say - it replaces the original headpiece. I've installed it on a few Music Yo / Moses necks, and it works fine so far. Just like the real adapters which also do what they're supposed to do :)

Bernd

Archived