Gibson Brands Forums

1951 Southern Jumbo

moej45

Well I've still lurked here but have not suffered from any MAS since acquiring my guitar a few years back. Sounds better every day. I did this for the Tiny Desk contest and will give a good idea of the sound. Its a little out of tune and needs a setup but still sounds great. This Northeast weather is a ***** on guitars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ak-vxoJk0

Well I've still lurked here but have not suffered from any MAS since acquiring my guitar a few years back. Sounds better every day. I did this for the Tiny Desk contest and will give a good idea of the sound. Its a little out of tune and needs a setup but still sounds great. This Northeast weather is a ***** on guitars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ak-vxoJk0

Great work!

Guitar sounds great, and song is wonderful

Thanks everyone! I realized I hadn't posted here in awhile and I always LOVE demo videos. I backed into finding this guitar and I think it was meant to be. She's got that Honk for sure and overtime I play a show and bring it out there are a couple of gasps. ha....street cred!

Good stuff , haven't done that partial capo trick in so long .

Might see if it works for me today.

Inspiring . keep posting.

Hey BBG, Inspiring- I agree! Would you explain the partial capo trick as it used in this song/video? I love the drone tone on his guitar...dropped D I assume?

Hey BBG, Inspiring- I agree! Would you explain the partial capo trick as it used in this song/video? I love the drone tone on his guitar...dropped D I assume?

If you look closely the capo is only over 5 of the strings , leaving the low E uncapoed.

You get an equivalent of drop tuning , but then forming the G chord still plays a G ....

Except its not G because we're capoed at 2 , so its an A ...

Making sense ? :-/

Simplest is just capo at 2nd fret putting capo on uoside down over 5 strings.

You dont need to tune any strings down . just leave them standard tuning

Archived