Gibson Brands Forums

Another You know when you are getting old thread

Rabs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I remember mom buying solo cups to refill the plastic cups in the bathroom and collecting the Dora Hall 45's that you got free with them.mom used to get them for me i was very young and didnt know better.It was just cool to have a new 45 to play on my 45 record player.Your right 'surf pup' the little old ladies would fight for their double green stamps.

When I remember mom buying solo cups to refill the plastic cups in the bathroom and collecting the Dora Hall 45's that you got free with them.mom used to get them for me i was very young and didnt know better.It was just cool to have a new 45 to play on my 45 record player.Your right 'surf pup' the little old ladies would fight for their double green stamps.

I didnt know her husband owned Solo cups that explains it.

http://www.dorahall.tvheaven.com/

You know your old when you head upstairs to play the guitar, then forget why you went up there when you hit the top of the steps!

If I had a dollar for every time I went into the kitchen for something...wait, what was I talking about? Oh, right...I'd be rich! :D

So I thought some of the new members may have something to add this since the last one.....

You know you are getting old when you get your first pair of Bi Focal glasses :o (actually they are called varifocals now, but the same thing)....

And something that has seemed very prevalent over the last year or so...

You know you are getting old when all your guitar heroes start dying or announcing their last ever tour :(

I tried bifocals. Messed up my depth perception I about broke my neck on the stairs. Short lived experiment

1454891425[/url]' post='1738492']

You know you're old when you need a note to take to town shopping for just a few things.....and then forget to take the note!

Ha, ha,I have to write everything down in a notebook. Problem is, sometimes I can't find the notebook and write it down on a sheet of paper then I can't find where I wrote things down.

Hello!

I am not sure whether it's a symptom of getting old, or something else...

With my small team of six, I got moved from a room to an open office at work. Around 30 of us sitting in a huge room now. I am on the edge of nervous breakdown. People walk up and down, then there are some girls who laugh violently all day long (that's what they get payed for?), another idiot thinks She is a cat... the company is reluctant to give us a separate room.

I don't know... I want out. Already posted an ad - I am looking for another job.

Bence

I was the same when I was in the workforce. Open offices I found were OK in some respects but not in others.

I had no wish to overhear personal conversations ranging from what people got up to the previous night to discussions about possibly losing their homes due to changed circumstances. Fine if those people were actual friends and it was a one-to-one but not if they were work colleagues and that was the extent of my interaction with them.

I remember when a gallon of gas, a pack of Marlboros, and a draft beer were all 35 cents each (not all at the same time). When I was 18, I could legally drink beer and wine as was the law in most states at that time.

But to answer the question, you know when you're getting old when the main topic of conversation with people you haven't seen in a while is about your health.

Ouch! All of the above!

Hello!

With my small team of six, I got moved from a room to an open office at work. Around 30 of us sitting in a huge room now. I am on the edge of nervous breakdown. People walk up and down, then there are some girls who laugh violently all day long (that's what they get payed for?), another idiot thinks She is a cat... the company is reluctant to give us a separate room.

I don't know... I want out. Already posted an ad - I am looking for another job.

Bence

The offices in the old movies (30's to 70's)are all "Open Concept".

What bothers me is that some efficiency expert snake oil salesman re-invented the old idea in about 2005. He's pushing his "Open Concept" at conferences and everyone is buying his book. Big companies pay him huge consulting fees and he only has one solution called "Open Concept" that he recommends to everyone. Maybe I'm just jealous because I haven't made my million on an idea that I stole.

Hello!

Bence

Been there! And, unfortunately, those "open office" situations start to resemble Kindergarten play times,

more than any kind of "efficient" work place. Some of what you just mentioned, illustrates that! Once

I got out of that situation, I vowed never to go back into one. I'd "freelance" or work as a "contractor,"

forever, before I'd subject myself to that environment, ever again. I "contracted" for 20 years, after that

and not only got more done, with less distractions, in less time, but enjoyed my work more than I ever had,

in the past! And, as "benefit" and insurance packages, continued to shrink, being paid a lot more, as a

contractor, allowed me to shop around more, for insurance "I" could afford, and save more of my gross income,

in the long run, as well.

But, that's just Me!

CB

Yes, those brain-dead come up with everything to make the life of workers miserable. ISO, reports, administration. Then, managers wonder why production figures are going downwards.

When my boss came up with that brilliant idea, asked Him whether He is going to sit there with us. Of course, no, as it would not be convenient for doing His duties. What a surprise.

Ah, anyways, as Schopenhauer said: Life is not joyride, it's something to get through quick...

Bence

Archived